macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Doug T.
    Burning CD's from Logic to Itunes to CD
    When I burn CD's From logic bounces it sounds watered down and not punchy also low volume on playback from a regular cd player. How can I make the bounce sound as good as it does in the Logic arrangement window. I am bouncing to Itunes and burning from there to cd.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Burning CD's from Logic t...
    Hi Doug, Are you familiar with the process of Mixing and Mastering? Basically, once you've mixed your project (fx, levels, EQ, balance, etc), it's time to Master your project. Bounce the Mix to a stereo audio file, bring it into a new project and use Mastering plugins in Logic to make it louder, more punchy. e.g. The Adlimiter, Multiband compressor, etc. Also, when you bounce the project what settings are you using? Thanks Rounik
  • Doug T.
    my settings are Destination PCM and Mp3 Mode- Offline,normalize, File Format- Aiff, Resolution- 24 bit,sample rate 44100, file type- interleaved, Dithering- none, add to audio bin, add to Itunes. Is there something I should be doing different in my settings?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Doug, CD spec is 44.1 and 16bit depth. It's a good idea when exporting from Logic with the destination as CD to bounce the file: Aiff or Wave 44100 16 bit interleaved Dithering - choose one of the settings. In fact choose them all to see what sounds better for you. Dithering adds small amount of noise when reducing from 24 to 16 bit. But as importantly when you import into iTunes - what are your import settings? I'd also recommend using Waveburner to burn audio CDs (comes with Logic Studio) And finally (though most importantly) I'd recommend learning as much about Mixing and of course Mastering as possible. In a nut shell, Mastering is the final audio production process whereby the audio file is given that extra shine and loudness. Have you checked out Steve H's Mastering in Logic tutorial? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic401[/url] Thanks Rounik
  • Doug T.
    Thanks for the help. I will check it out. Thanks again.
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Doug, Let me know if you have any other questions! :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: