macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Alvarez537
    "Clock" noise whenever Logic stops
    Hi all! I have a very rare problem since some time. Whenever I stop Logic with the STOP key, I have an unpleasant noise on my speakers. Then I hit play again and disappears and then stop again and it comes again and so on. The noise sounds like some kind of "digital clock" (like a motor with a different tone every time). I tried to disconnect everything that have to do with clock and synchronizing, but nothing changed. My setup is an iMac Intel with 10.5.8 and 3GB RAM, and Logic 9.1 with MOTU 896 and keyboard controller. The arrangements tyipically uses a lot of software synths including EXS24 and Stylus RMX. Hopefully somebody can help me. Thanks in advance. Ricardo
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: "Clock" noise whenev...
    Hi Ricardo & welcome to the forums! Does the same "noise" happen if you use a different audio interface? What about if you monitor through the same outputs on headphones? If you press the spacebar twice after this happens do you still hear the noise? Thanks Rounik Just to check you're running Logic Pro 9.1.1?
  • Alvarez537
    Hi, thanks for the fast answer. No, I still haven't checked it with a different audio interface. I have no other at the moment. The noise is also on my headphones. I don't know what do you mean with "pressing the spacebar twice". I use another key to stop and the noise stays even when I hit twice and go to the beginning. The noise occurs always at a different "rate" or "tone" and never when I play from the beginning of a song. I must always go to the beginning and play again stop to avoid the unpleasant noise. It's really weird.
  • Rounik Admin
    You can test it on a different interface by using your Mac's Built-in audio. Connect your headphones and see if it happens... Also, does this happen only with RMX or EXS24 or certain plugins used in a project, e.g. Space Designer? Before you stop Logic's transport open the Mixer. Now press stop. Do you see any levels moving in any of the channel strips? How loud is the noise? Have you tried raising the I/O Buffer Size in: Logic Pro > Preferences > [Audio] :) Rounik
  • Alvarez537
    Yes, the noise is still there with the built-in audio interface and speakers. At the moment I don't use any big FX plug-in because I'm now pre-producing, I mean programming/arranging/scoring. Now comes something interesting: I tried to reproduce the noise situation with the mixer open and the level movements comes from... the aux channels from Stylus RMX! The I/O buffer is at 512 and the noise is really loud. What do you think?
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. This is very interesting, thanks for the info... So, try a couple of things: 1. Remove RMX from your project. Do you experience this issue any more? 2. Look at the Aux channels. What plugins do you have inserted on the ones which continue to create noise? 3. Open Stylus RMX and navigate to the FX and Mixer layer and see if there is a delay/reverb any other effect which might be causing this. 4. Make sure you have the latest update for RMX installed. :) Rounik
  • Alvarez537
    Yessss, it was a problem with RMX. As soon as I remove RMX from the project, the noise doesn't appeared anymore. Then I checked my RMX version and was 1.9.3f, updated to 1.9.4d and now it works perfect with the updated RMX! I hope it stays so, hehehe. Many thanks for your help and support. Muchas gracias! Ricardo
  • Alvarez537
    Hi Rounik, the noise comes again. I must finish some arrangements, so at the moment don't have the time to continue testing. I will take a look later or tomorrow to the things you want me to check. Sorry, I thought the issue was solved. Saludos, Ricardo
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ricardo, Shame it hasn't fixed the issue :( When you've got time to test, try it out in Logic 8 if you have it on your system and also do contact Spectrasonics Support as they may be able to help. Keep testing and let me know how you get on. Hope we can get to the bottom of this issue! btw, are you definitely running Logic 9.1.1 or are you running Logic 9.0.1? Thanks Rounik
  • Alvarez537
    Logic 9.1.1
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: