macProVideo.com
Forums
  • coFane
    Putting a channel EQ on outs 1-2 channel?
    I've been enjoying revisiting Steve H's Mastering in Logic tutorial. I'm curious to know what is a desired frequency contour line I should hope to have on my final mixes? I know this is a very subjective question with different answers depending on the style of the song etc... I'd just like to be able to put a channel EQ on my output channel, turn on the analyzer and have an idea of how it "should" look. eg maybe a club track would look lopsided with more energy in the low end where the kick and bass are etc.. Sorry if this is vague. I just don't know what the overall eq print of my mixes means because I don't know what is desired in terms of where the strongest frequencies are etc.. thanks for any help!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Putting a channel EQ on outs 1...
    As you say, it's difficult to give generic advice as it really depends on the style of music and what sound you as a producer wish to achieve (as well as very much down to how you've mixed the tracks!) But, the best advice I can offer is to import a couple of similar style songs into your project - from CD... Choose a commercial track which is similar / identical to the style of your project. Solo the commercial track & slap a Channel EQ on the Output 1-2 channel and compare and contrast. btw, do you know about the Match EQ plugin? ;-) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: