macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Mehdi2
    Stupid question perhaps but what's a modwheel?
    I just bought the ES2 tutorials and a lot of what is shown relies on the use of a modwheel. What is a modwheel? Is there some kind of alternative? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Stupid question perhaps but wh...
    Hi Mehdi, The Mod wheel is used to add expression (or modulate) the sound. Do you have a MIDI Controller or Keyboard? Almost all MIDI Controllers have a Mod wheel (usually next to the Pitch wheel). :) R
  • Mehdi2
    Hi Rounik I don't have a Midi controller keyboard. Is there any way I can create a similar effect without one. Can you recommend any good, reasonably priced midi keyboards? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Mehdi, You could create a Fader in the Environment to do this... But in terms of MIDI Controllers.... what's your budget and how many keys/knobs/faders would you be looking for? Probably the cheapest I know about is the Korg nanoKEY which has pitch and modulation buttons. It's about 40GBP. The M-Audio Oxygen 8 V2 is larger with better keys, but still available for a budget. V2 is cheaper than V3. If you can find it it's about 55GBP I think or 115GBP for the newer V3. There's also the Behringer U-Control UMX250 for about 80GBP. Similar to the Oxygen8. Plenty to choose from ;-) Rounik
  • Mehdi2
    That's great, thanks. Could you please elaborate on how to set up a fader. I have managed to connect one to the track but I don't know how to select it as a source on ES2. Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Sure! Set the Fader's Output to: Control Ch: 1 DB1: 1 Range 0-127 Cable it's output to the Channel Strip. I've uploaded a project with it all setup with an ES2. Notice how the Mod Wheel is set to control the Cutoff for this particular patch. Press play and move the Fader to hear the change. [url]http://www.box.net/shared/ucsqv4nmth[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Hamish H
    Hi Rounik and Mehdi I had a question about your fader, and how the ES2 knew that it was assigned to the modwheel. I couldn't tell from your download project. So jumped on this thread, but then when I followed your written instructions, I figured it out! So I guess I have a post but no question... sorry for getting everyone excited! (By the way great TNT Rounik! I cannot believe how much I learn from these tutorials and this forum.)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Hamish, Post without questions in them are more than welcome here. Post comments, observations on Logic, what you had for breakfast, etc! And Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated! Glad to know you enjoyed my TNT cameo. Are you going to take up the Visual Metronome Challenge from the last video? Also, you can download the project files from Steve H's TNT3 tutorial page :) btw, If you want to add your voice to September's TNT3 Cameo thread, there's one here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/tips-n-tricks&id=28380[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • jbs89
    Hi. I was wondering how you turned the Fader into a Mod Wheel??? It doesn't show any steps you took to create a Fader into a Modulation Wheel..
  • jbs89
    Well I just figured it out.. BUT.. Im having trouble assigning it to incoming MIDI signals.. aka my Control Surface!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: