macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vivisuy
    64 Bit Issues
    I really want to pull the trigger on an 8 core 2.4 Mac Pro bit 64 bit is an issue. I have UAD plugs (awesome) and the Waves Platinum bundle. These two companies seem to be in no hurry to upgrade to 64 bit. I know it's about the music but I sure would mid these plug-ins. I guess I could run in 32 bit for now, as I don't generally run massive sample-laddem
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: 64 Bit Issues
    Hey! It's a shame some plugin developers haven't got 64-bit versions out yet... I'd bet it'll amount to a paid upgrade for some... This thread might well interest you: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=28333&sid=#28333[/url] You can always switch Logic between 32-bit and 64-bit when needed. :) Rounik
  • Vivisuy
    Thanx. That was interesting. I was ready to order the new Mac Pro 8 core soon but I think I'll wait at least until Waves and UAD join the 64 bit party. I can still do alot on my
  • Vivisuy
    G-5 dual 2.3. It will be nice to have a system that I won't overload with a few choice plugs. (like Omnispere, NI Massive, NI guitar rig etc).
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: 64 Bit Issues
    Hey, Well... it's a difficult one to call... always is when there is some big transition going on. I remember OS9 to OSX and then PPC to Intel and now 32-bit to 64-bit... What I do know is that a current Mac Pro should give you much better performance than your current G5... Nice that Omni is 64-bit.. hope Waves and co. go 64-bit soon. :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: