macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hamish H
    Making a mod wheel in the Environment
    Hi Rounik! Thanks again for the TNT - I finished it yesterday, I'll have a go at the 'homework' too, the next TNT will probably be ready by the time I figure it out! Anyway, this is a question about the awesome modwheel fader you created for Medhi, which I really needed as well - I chose a midi controller with no keyboard (on purpose), and it unfortunately meant no mod wheel either! I followed your instructions, and have a working fader on its own layer in the environment and connected to an ES2. I set it up in a frameless floating window too. But when I click on a different track from the ES2 in the Arrange, the fader disappears from the floating window, and the Mixer layer takes its place. So every time I change back to the ES2 I have to open up the frameless window, navigate to the Mod wheel layer, then resize the window again in order to use the modwheel. Any idea where I'm going wrong? Thanks Rounik!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Making a mod wheel in the Envi...
    Hi Hamish, Thanks! We can always arrange an extension for the TNT "homework" ;-) Yes... sounds like a "Link" issue. Before you turn the Environment window into a Frameless floating window, make sure you turn off the Link button (top left). If it's Purple or Yellow it's on - so make sure it is off (grey) and you'll be good to go! :) Rounik
  • Hamish H
    Thanks Rounik! Hope its not too cold in England today! H
  • Rounik Admin
    Chilly here - using macBookPro on lap to keep me warm ;-) ... imagine you're not having this issue down under?
  • Hamish H
    it can still get a bit miserable here too- believe only about 85% of the hype
  • Rounik Admin
    When it gets really cold and gloomy here - I'll be prone to believe the other 15% too :) Still I live dry, crisp Autumnal weather in UK. Can be a beautiful time.
  • Hamish H
    Ah yes - the purple link button strikes again! Thanks Rounik! Tell you what, I have never found a resource as useful and practical as you and MacPro - thanks so much!
  • Rounik Admin
    thanks Hamish! knowing that keeps us all warm at macprovideo :)
  • Hamish H
    Happy Autumn my friend! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: