macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jeff
    sound before record enable button
    Currently working on a project and I am getting audio from instruments before activating the record enable button... running a variety of instruments... direct, d.i. boxes, and mics through three daisy chained presonus FP10's all channel strips are inactivated and still getting levels... should be silence...no?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: sound before record enable but...
    Hi Jeff, Do you have Input Monitoring turned on? Are you using regular Audio channels in Logic or do you have any Input Channels (created in the Environment)? :) Rounik
  • jeff
    I'll check input monitoring.. should it be on or off? In a band situation recording multiple people live using mics, d.i. boxes, keyboards in directly... no midi, only audio channels did not create anything in the environment , only created aux channels by inserting busses in channel strips etc...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jeff Turn Input Monitoring off (the 'I' button in the Channel strips). Also what audio interface are you using? Does it have some kind of direct monitoring? Do you have Software monitoring turned on or off in Logic? :) R
  • jeff
    using presonus FP10's.. they are very simple... input slot, gain level, headphone level, mixer/playback level. on the channel strip ensure "I" is not selected? other place to set input monitoring is located in preferences/audio/devices/independant monitoring level check box... leave it unchecked in Logic?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jeff, Yes, leave it unchecked and "input monitoring" off... Have you tried this in a new project? Do you get the same behaviour? Have you opened up the FP10 Control Panel software that comes with the FP10? Check all the settings there too. :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: