macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic
    Temp Issue while recording in Logic
    Hi, Recently I was playing around with my setting and ever since when ever I record a vocals, while playing back the tempo is not same as what I recoded. The vocal sound as if the voice is rushing fast. I tried clicking Follow tempo but it does not help me. Any suggestions or help
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Temp Issue while recording in ...
    Hi Logic Sounds like you may have changed the sample rate in the project settings? If the audio file sample rate is different to the project you will hear the audio playing back at a different speed and pitch! Also make sure follow tempo is OFF unless you want the audio to follow the tempo of your Logic project. :)
  • Logic
    Hi, I checked the Rate is set as 44.1Khz. I tried changing the template but still getting this issue. How can I check the sample rate of the audio.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Logic, You can check the sample rate for audio files in your project by opening the Audio Bin. They should match the project's sample rate. 1. Can you please describe how the tempo is different than when you recorded them? 2. Does the tempo/speed of the audio recording vary over time or is it constant? 3. Have you flexed any of the audio tracks? 4. Is the tempo the same as when you recorded the audio? 5. What settings/preferences did you change? Thanks Rounik
  • Logic
    Thanks. I did check the Temp on the Audio Bin and it shows as 44.1KHZ and matches the Project Settings. 1. I recoded the Voice the at normal speed. When I play back it atleast 2 - 3 times faster. 2. The tempo Speed constant throughout 3. I did not use the FLex option. 4. The Track Temp is set at 120 and the recoded Audio also shows it as 120. When I listen the recorded Track seems to faster than what I sang 5. I checked. All setting looks fine. I did only change the recording format as to Caf and reverted it to AIFF now.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Some more questions: 1. Do you have Varispeed turned on? 2. Are the rest of your tracks playing back at normal speed? 3. Do you have any plugins on the track? which ones? 4. Is the delay parameter (in the Inspector) set to 0? 5. Listen back to the recorded audio file in the Finder (using Quicklook or Quicktime). Is it playing back at normal speed? 6. Try importing the audio file into a blank project. Any difference? If you changed the recording format from caf to aiff - this shouldn't make any difference... especially if you did so after recording anyway. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Logic
    No I did not turn on the Vari Speed. All the tracks recorded previously are playing good. I have the standard plugin like Compression, CHannel EA, St-Delay, Limiter The delay Parameter is set to 0 The recoded file in FInder is also faster
  • Rounik Admin
    Hmmm this is odd... What audio interface are you using? Is it possible to replicate this by recording in a new project? Is it possible you option dragged the edge if the region (which would have time stretched it)? Could you upload this project for me to take a look at? Let me know if that's ok and I'll advise on how to do so. Cheers Rounik
  • Logic
    I am using Saffire 6 USB. I did try recoding it and am able to replicate the same again. One strange thing I noticed. While Play back sometimes when I click follow the tempo, the Recording sounds normal. This does not happen always. Should I try re-installing logic to fix it
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Logic, 1. Did you try recording again in a new blank project? 2. I've really not come across this issue before and don't think you should try re-installing Logic until we've done a couple of other trouble shooting ideas first.. 3. When you playback the audio region, does the waveform reflect it is "speeded up" compared to how you recorded it? 4. Go to AudioMIDI setup in Applications/Utilities/ and check that your audio interface is set to the correct sample rate. 5. Do you have the latest drivers for your Saffire? 6. Is there any software that comes with the Saffire that allows you set it up, e.g. levels, monitoring, sample rate? 7. Can you try recording using your Mac's built-in Mic both in the same project and a new project. Is the audio speeded up there too? 8. As an aside do you have any Tempo information written in the Global Tracks area? 9. Please open Garageband and try recording your voice there. Is it speeded up? 10. Finally, could you list your system spec: Mac, processor, ram OSX version (e.g. 10.6.4) Logic version (e.g. 9.1.1) Thanks. It's really important to understand whether this is project specific and whether this happens with both the Saffire and built-in Mic as the interface. Also, testing between Logic and GB. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: