macProVideo.com
Forums
  • coolhandchad
    Track coloring
    Hey everyone, I'm fairly new to Logic and I was wondering if there's a way to get the tracks to automatically change color when you create them. (Like they do in Pro Tools) Or do I just have to manually change all the colors?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Track coloring
    Hi coolhandchad, welcome to the macprovideo forums! By default the track's colors are set to blue (audio) and green (software instrument). You can turn on/off the color bar for track headers by right-clicking on a track header and choosing: "Configure Track Header". But, it won't automatically assign different colours to newly created tracks unfortunately... One way, is to create a template. Let's say you often work with 16 audio tracks. Create a new project with x number of audio tracks and manually assign a new color to each of them. Save the project as a template: File > Save as template... Hope that helps Rounik
  • coolhandchad
    Yeah, that helps. I hadn't really thought about using a template. Thanks Rounik. Chad
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Chad, No problem. If you want some more tips (free) on using templates in Logic, check out my blog post here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/quick-tip-creating-project-templates-logic-9[/url] Also, the Logic 9 101 tutorial is a really comprehensive and easy to follow tut: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: