macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gagudeo
    Audio>Score>MIDI>Ultrabeat>No Sound
    Howdy. On a live recording, I selected the kick track. Created a new, empty software instrument track below it. Selected the kick region and track, went to the Sample Editor. Used Factory and selected "Audio to Score" Made the appropriate settings. Selected the software instrument track and clicked "Process." The MIDI information appeared in the software instrument track as expected. Went to piano roll display in the software instrument track. Used Transform to fix the notes all to A2. Transformed as expected. So now I have a region of MIDI data with no instrument assigned. It is record-enabled and when I click Play the meter bounces as expected, showing levels. Go to I/O for the track and assign Ultrabeat, pick a kick drum bank. So now I/O is Ultrabeat and output is Out 1-2 like the rest of the tracks except the ones I put on a bus, which doesn't affect this issue. Caps lock keyboard makes no sounds. Press "Play" and Ultrabeat does not play, even though levels are there. Create duplicate track. Copy and Paste MIDI to it. Now Caps Lock Keyboard does make sounds. Press Play, software instrument does not play from MIDI. When I view the Event List everything is fixed to A-2, positions are correct, status is "note", etc. All appears to be correct. And of course nothing is muted. Rest of tracks (16) play normally when I un-solo the ultrabeat track. What gives? What am I doing wrong? MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.3, 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB RAM OWC Mercury Elite Pro 1 Tb eSATA external drive. Logic 8.02. Thanks! ~Scott
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Audio>Score>MIDI>Ultr...
    Hi Scott, From your description it sounds like it should work just fine... odd... I wonder if this could be a 10.6 and Logic 8 bug? Have you tried repliacting this in a new project? If you like you can upload the project and I'll take a look at it. If you want to upload it privately, use box.net free account and send me a ticket via Support (with "Rounik" in the title) and the URL link to the project. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/support/[/url] If you do decide to upload it please compress the project folder first: Right-click on it and select "Compress xxx" Thanks Rounik
  • Gagudeo
    Hello Rounik. I did try this in a new project. I extracted a bit of the kick, and followed the same process. Worked like a charm - and pretty cool process I might add - thanks Logic programmers (who must be just a little bit off their nut, don't you think, do develop something so powerful?). Skipping the Transform process ended up with quite a few different notes, so Ultrabeat was playing all sorts of things as it was "triggered" (via the midi file) by the kick. Sounded pretty neat. So, I need to do some further manipulations. I'll report back here and, as a last resort, upload some of the project. It's a live 16 track recording of a working band, so I need to be within my agreement with them. I'll get back here and post my results. Scott
  • Gagudeo
    Re: Audio>Score> SOLVED
    Alrighty then. I may be a dork, I'm not sure. Am I? I repeated the process, but did NOT do the Transform. Sounded weird, because Utrabeat was playing different notes, but it worked fine. Saved the project. Went ahead with the Transform to A-2 process. No sound. Went back to Transform and chose the OTHER A-2 that's above C0. Transform window didn't tell me that the first A-2 that came up in the list was way low beyond the range of Ultrabeat's assigned notes. When I kept increasing the note values and got the other A-2, it worked perfectly. So the problem was me Transforming/Transposing to a note that was way too low. Once it got in range, worked great. What a cool function.
  • Rounik Admin
    Ahhh... This was the issue then. There's not two A2's... There's A -2 (A minus 2) and A 2 Any note below C -1 in Ultrabeat is set to trigger a pattern when Pattern mode is on. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: