macProVideo.com
Forums
  • bunda
    Notes in Arrange with Arpeggiator
    In Steve H's TNT2 for June (57-59) he shows a truly helpful and amazing way to get humanization with drums sounds. Which is great. However, I can not see the notes from the instrument he created in the arrange. If you hit record you see a white region with just one note representing all the sounds. I would like to be able to see all the notes, then perhaps manually remove some, repeat the region etc. Is there a way I can turn this white region into a normal region with notes inside? Or do I have to set up the instrument totally differently so that it is represented in the arrange and shows the notes in a region on the grid?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Notes in Arrange with Arpeggia...
    Hi Bunda, Welcome to the forums! There's two primary ways to hook up an arpeggiator in Logic: 1. On it's own track and the arp connected to a software instrument. (This means only the notes/chords [b]you[/b] play will be recorded - every time Logic plays back the note event it recalculates the arpeggiation... So Logic needs to play it back in realtime for you to hear the arpeggiated track). 2. In the Clicks and Ports layer cabled between the Physical object and the Sequencer Input. (This will allow you to record the actual notes into the MIDI region so you can edit it. However, this means the arpeggiator will be applied to any track you select... unless you build an On/Off switch). Steve H covered this in TNT1 (shot at the time in Logic 7, but all the concepts are the same): [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicTipsAndTricks[/url] Check out videos 08-10 for some indepth arpeggiator tricks and how to build a switch too. Although in TNT2 there's info on switch building for certain environments too. Let me know if you need any more help. :) Rounik
  • bunda
    Hmmm, I understand how to setup the basic arpeggiator with a cable switcher so that I can control when/what should be arpeggiated. However, I think I know what the issues. As Steve has done in the tutorial, he set the transformer to ignore all other notes other than c2, so basically, I need to disable that which will then show me where those notes really are in the arrange. Due to the way he set it up in the tutorial the sequences - as per the settings of the transformer - will only "see" or "read" c2.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi bunda, Ah, OK. Let me know if this works or not or you need any help with it :) Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: