macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jimandroz
    Transfer song from Logic express to Logic Pro 8?
    Hello Rounik, How do I transfer a song I already created in Logic Express 7 to Logic Pro 8? I would appreciate this information. Thanks! Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Transfer song from Logic expre...
    Hi Roz, If you are using the standard built-in instruments and effects (and loops) that come with Logic Express 7 then it's as easy as opening the project in Logic Pro 8. It will open up just fine! I'd recommend once opening the project in L8 choosing the "save as..." command so you don't overwrite the original L7 version. I don't have Logic 7 installed anymore and can't remember if a Logic Pro 8 project can be opened in Logic 7 or not... It probably can, but better to be safe. This way you'll have one version in L7 format which you can open in L7 if needed and one version in L8 format. Best Rounik
  • jimandroz
    Hi, Well, I go into L7 and click open, and click the little house logo and music. Yet, I do not see the song that I created. Once I find the song (which I haven't as yet and can use a little help with this), do I select all and then save the song in L8? Thanks! Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roz, Where do you normally save your projects?? By default, Logic normally saves them to: Home folder/Music/Logic/ Is it in the File > Open Recent list? Have you done a Spotlight search for the file name? Once you have saved the project then simply open Logic 8, choose File > Open... and navigate to the location on your drive where the project is and open it. Then choose File > Save as... and save it to a new location/or wherever you like with a slightly different name (personally I'd add L8 to end of the file name). Logic will then create a new project folder with containing this project in the Logic 8 format. HTH Rounik
  • jimandroz
    Thanks! The searching on spotlight worked. Now I have song in L8. It looks different, but sounds fine. I am going to add different loops and make some changes while retaining the basic song.. This shouldn't be any problem, correct?? Thanks again. Roz
  • Rounik Admin
    That's great Roz! No it shouldn't be a problem at all. Just remember to save it as a new project and then there's no way you can possibly overwrite your original L7 version. :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: