macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jexofio
    Comps and takes... a problem
    Hello, I may be being a dunderhead but I have a problem with the take/comp tool on logic. Previously when I recorded my voice over a cycle (say three or four takes) when I stopped and clicked on the track it would show me the four takes and allow me with my mouse to scroll different section of different takes (the grey would go dark for the sections used) into one comp. For no apparent reasons (I didn't consciously change any settings) now when I do multiple takes they are there and I can manually change the whole take (ie. click the right hand triangle and chose take one, two etc) but I can't pick and mix different bits of the soundwaves from different takes to make a comp. the mouse won't mark any sections. Did I press something wrong, is there a setting or something I need to adjust? It's most frustrating! Thanks for any help.... Alistair
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Comps and takes... a problem
    Hi Alistair, Take Folders in Logic 9 have two different "Take Folder editing modes". - Quick Swipe Comping On - Quick Swipe Comping Off With Quick Swipe Comping On you can swipe sections of different takes to build a comp. With it Off you can move and resize and edit the different take regions. Click on the arrow in the top right if the take folder and make sure that Quick Swipe Comping is enabled. Alternatively there is a little buton with three horizontal lines next to the arrow. Click on this to toggle between the quick swipe comping modes. Cheers Rounik p.s. you can find more info about this feature in the Logic 101 Core Logic tutorial: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] (video 133. Comp Crossfades & Flex Time).
  • Jexofio
    Thanks for the reply Rounik, Unfortunately, I'm using Logic 8 not 9. I've seen post elsewhere that this might be a bug in Logic 8 - but it seems so irrational that one project has it working fine and another doesnt. I do notice in the projects where there is no comp swiping, that when i put the cursor over the arrangement file, then the double-headed horizontal arrows do not appear, nor the double vertical lines which indicate a cut-point. I just get a standard arrow head. I'm sure there must be a setting that I have inadvertently changed.... A
  • Rounik Admin
    Oh... I've not come across this bug in Logic 8 ad unfortunately am not using L8 anymore to test this out... Are you definitely using the standard Pointer tool as your primary tool? What happens if you import the take folder files into a new project and re-establish it as a take folder? Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: