macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Ben
    Beware of erasing Aux channels, you will never be the same
    Once again I feel the need to share my frustration, hoping there will be a miraculous simple solution to the most irritating problem I am having with Logic. So yes, Logic is still not logical. Now what?... Create a multi inst. open the mixer. open the Aux channels of the inst. Create any other instrument you want, the more the better. then make the dreadful mistake of erroneously deleting some of the original inst Aux channels. Then you are screwd. Why? because if you care for clarity in your project, like I do, you will never have logic add those Aux channels back in the place they were (ie at the front of the other AUX channels). also, if you will select Arrange view in the mixer (Which should really be the only view that a musician could ever care to view) the instrument and its AUX channels will not be attached to one another like at the fresh beginning. No, they will be scattered. What's up with that? What's the logic behind that?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Beware of erasing Aux channels...
    I hear you Ben! Have you tried setting those Aux channels Input to 'No Input' before deleting them? :) R
  • Ben
    Mind you, I erroneously erased those Aux channels, but interesting idea about removing the input. That would explain the "are you sure you want to delete and deselect" etc. business. In fact, I experimented further and learned something interesting yet disappointing about Logic's way to deal with Aux channels, or any channels for that matter: Logic has non movable Auxiliary channels, meaning, you cannot change the position of channel. let me explain: you create an aux channel and add a reverb to it. Logic assigns it's position (e.g aux 2). We then have another bus created to output the audio. I then want to switch between those aux channels so that my reverb aux will appear AFTER the audio output aux channel (aux 3). I can indeed change the name and color of the aux channels, but the content (the reverb) will STAY in the same slot (AUX 2) and all this will result in my audio output channel having that reverb. Am I being clear explaining this? No drag and drop possible, not even visually, and for the love of... WHY not just keep the arrange view on the mixer? What's the "all" for anyway?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Ben, Sorry... I'm a bit slow this evening. Do you mean that you can't rearrange Aux channel strips in the Mixer or that .... in fact I;m not sure why you want to move the reverb... ok so you want it not to reach Output 1-2? Then why not bypass it - or change Aux 2's output... Logic's Aux channels are very flexible and a bit fiddly... but ultimately you can achieve a lot with them. As for "All" and "Arrange" views in the Mixer, these are really useful for any objects/tracks which you don't have in the Arrange, e.g. some MIDI tracks, folders, etc, etc. :)
  • Ben
    Don't worry about being slow. It's 1pm here in LA and I'm slow :) When I was talking about arrange, I was actually referring to the fact that in arrange, the AUX channels that come from a software ins are "glued" to it and all the related channels are arranged logically. In regard to the AUX with the reverb, I'm trying to say that I want to drag and drop channels wherever I want. I want to be able to group those channels as I see fit, regardless to when they were created.
  • Ben
    Here are images: 1: arrange view - all clear arranged, logial, nice and glued, everything in place. Note aux 30 is missing, as it was assigned before: [img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procsrserv/47a0ce32b3127cce98548a772afc00000030102AcNWzlo5bsp/cwvDm9asA3Lw9bM2Abl5esW7WA[/img] now "all" view: Aux 30 stuck in the middle: [img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procsrserv/47a0ce32b3127cce98548a76abcd00000030102AcNWzlo5bsp/cwvDm9asA3Lw9bM2Abl5esmLAg[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Ben, OK. I'll need a bit of time to try and see whether I can find a solution to this... perhaps over this weekend or before... :)
  • Ben
    Rounik, thanks, but please don't bother yourself with it. This "problem", I'm afraid, has no solution. It's the way Logic was designed.
  • Hemagau
    As I recall, the layout of the Mixer display is dependent upon the order of channels/tracks in the Arrange display. If you want to relocate an Aux in the Mixer display, click on Options->Create Arrange Tracks for Selected Channel Strips. This will plop the Aux into the Arrange area, where you can move it around and place it where you want. The Mixer display will be likewise updated. Cheers- Gus
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Gus & welcome to the forums :) You can also control-click on a channel strip and choose "Create Arrange Tracks for Selected Channel Strip(s)" or select the channel strip and use the shortcut: Control+T. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: