macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Logic 9.1.2 Update is here!
    Here's the Logic 9.1.2 update: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1014[/url] Detailed & very comprehensive release notes can be found here: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2565[/url] 5 of my fave highlights from the Release notes: 1. "This update improves overall stability, provides numerous fixes and improvements, and is recommended for all users of Logic Pro 9. " 2. "Improves compatibility with 6- and 12-core Mac Pro systems." 3. "Supports iOS control surface apps that utilize the OSC protocol." 4. "Supports REX files when running in 64-bit mode." 5. "The expanded System Performance window now accurately reflects the number of available real cores on all supported computers."
  • Xyzefiy
    Re: Logic 9.1.2 Update is here!
    Hi, Ive read on another forum that the new update drops support for quad core machines and that many quad core users have experienced a drop in performance. Can any one confirm this?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi John, I've not installed the update yet... from other reports, it looks like the update has disabled hyperthreading for all i5/i7 machines! Which is not great for those you were not using MBP's. Other users may not be affected. Also of note, the update does NOT save the Logic 9.1.1 application file like previous updates used to do, but overwrites it... So make a clone/backup of your application file and name it 9.1.1 or similar incase you need to revert back. Thanks R
  • Rounik Admin
    A possible solution for Quad i7 & Logic 9.1.2 performance, quoted from another forum: "ust got that from AppleCare: They are aware of the performance problem on certain machines in certain setups and working on a solution. However you can enable the virtual cores on all Quad Core machines with this commandline in Logic 9.1.2! Open Terminal.app from /Applications/Utilities and copy the following line into the window and press return: defaults write com.apple.logic.pro MD_AllowVirtualCoresQuad -bool yes You can then quit Terminal.app. Relaunch Logic and you should have twice the number of processing threads. Warning: this preference can actually lower your performance or have a negative impact on stability (e.g. you get audio engine overloads). In this case you can disable it by using the following line in Terminal.app: defaults write com.apple.logic.pro MD_AllowVirtualCoresQuad -bool no
  • Husojae
    Anyone have the Rex files working? They don't work in 64bit.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi I'll test this out over the weekend... in what way are they not working in 64-bit mode? How are you trying to use them? btw, could you add a forum name/alias otherwise your posts don't appear properly ;-) Click on :Forum Settings: link on the right: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/account/forum-settings[/url] Thanks Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Hey Rounik hope all is well. I heard 9.3 update is here. Unfortunately Internet is down (using nedi here) so can't check. Has anybody downloaded this? has the hyperthreading issue on quads been sorted?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey John, Yes, 9.1.3 is here :) I need to do some backing up etc before I download it - so will wait for the weekend. But news on the web is very positive! Looks like 9.1.3 has fixed the Hyperthreading issue. [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4426[/url] Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: