macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mikey52
    CPU Junkies...
    Hey guys, Is there an easy way I can find out which plugins are being CPU hogs? Or essentially a way to see how much, with any plugin of my choice, CPU is being used? From Waves to Nexus to Trilian to whatever, etc. etc. Thanks, Mike
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: CPU Junkies...
    Hi Mike, There's not an easy way as such... except to load the only the plugin in question in Logic and check out what goes on in the Activity Monitor (Applications/Utilities). Of course, Logic will also be taking up some of the resources displayed. Another way, is to use the AU Lab (included with the Developer Tools on your Mac OSX installation disc) and load the plugins there... again use the Activity Monitor to find the CPU hog(s)... Thanks Rounik
  • mikey52
    What should I be looking at specifically in the Activity Monitor...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Mike, I'd recommend doing the following: 1. Close all Applications. 2. Open Logic and create a new project. 3. Open the Activity Monitor and in the search field type in logic (this will filter out displaying other processes). 4. Make a note of the %CPU and Real Memory being used by Logic. 5. Insert an instance of an instrument in Logic and make a note of the CPU and Real memory now being allocated to Logic. Note this will change depending on the patch you've loaded in the instrument. Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: