macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logic Pro 9
    Analog Gear connections with Logic Pro 9 Issues
    I Have a Korg triton connected thru my Midiman that also connects to my IMAC. When I use my triton as just a controller to control the instruments in logic, everything works fine. However when I try to convert sounds from my Triton into logic, I encounter a problem. Logic is receiving the sound data from my triton, and it records it also, but when I playback the recording, I hear nothing; which is odd because I can hear the sounds as i record them into logic. Can someone explain what is going on?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Analog Gear connections with L...
    Hi logic pro 9, How are you monitoring the audio from the Triton? Have you connected the audio outputs from the Triton to your Audio Interface and armed an Audio Track in Logic... or are you monitoring the Triton a different way? Here's an existing thread about setting up the Korg Triton in Logic 8 (also applicable to Logic 9): [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=6076&sid=#6076[/url] Let me know if this works for you or not. Thanks Rounik
  • logic Pro 9
    I have my audio outputs from my triton going into my mbox and I have a midi interface connected from my triton to my Imac. And the link you gave me really didnt help.
  • logic Pro 9
    I can hear the data from my triton fine, and when I record the data from my triton into logic I can hear it fine also. Its just wen I playback the data i recorded...i hear nothing
  • Rounik Admin
    ok. So, I need to clarify what you mean by "data": 1. Recording the MIDI data (MIDI note events) generated by your Triton to an external instrument track in Logic works. 2. The audio signal output from the Triton is being routed to your Mbox inputs. Do you hear this through Logic?? The only way you can hear the audio from an external device coming through Logic is to create an audio track and click on the "I" button OR "R" button (Input Monitoring/Record enable respectively). So, it sounds like the audio track (with input corresponding to the Triton's audio out) is not set to Input Monitoring or record enabled... Does it work now? Thanks Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    btw, it's important to distinguish the MIDI data from the audio data. When you record MIDI data from an external device into Logic, upon playback the MIDI data will trigger the notes on the ext device. The MIDI events/notes are just instructions that will trigger the sounds to play from the ext. device... Hope that makes sense and is relevant :) R
  • logic Pro 9
    Yes I hear the audio signal from my triton thru logic. Im still getting nothing though. I selected the Input monitoring option on the audio track and I still get the same results. Its also the same when I select the Record Enable option. Only difference now is that when I select either option(Record/Enable) The audio track is showing its getting a signal even tho im not sending any signal to the audio track.
  • Rounik Admin
    ok... I would double check the I/O are correct for that channel strip and go to Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio and make sure that "Software Monitoring" is enabled. Keep the "record enable" on. Try recording. Can you hear the audio output in Logic while recording? Are you using headphones/Monitors? Sorry to ask, but is the output level correct?... Also, please let me know what exact version of Logic you are running (e.g. 9.1.2) and OSX (e.g. 10.6.4). Thanks Rounik
  • logic Pro 9
    Ok..I slected the software monitoring..still same results. logic 9.0 osx10.6. Im using headphones right now and i believe my output levels are correct. And yes when Im recording the Audio data into logic I can hear it.
  • Rounik Admin
    Do you have any of the solo modes / mute modes on? Can you provide a screenshot of the Arrange page after recording and when you're playing back? Is there any reason why you're using Logic 9.0.0?I'd suggest updating Logic to 9.1.2 as there have been numerous bug fixes since 9.0.0 - though this might not help with this particular issue...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: