macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logic Pro 9
    Re: Analog Gear connections with L...
    I dont know how to provide an image..and no there arent any solo or mute buttons pushed.
  • logic Pro 9
    When i choose a External midi track...on the right side of the arrangement page it shows the name of my midi interface and channels 1-16. Is this of any significance?
  • Rounik Admin
    I don't think that's connected to this issue. ...and what about updating to Logic 9.1.2? To post screenshots try this: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=15243[/url] :)
  • logic Pro 9
    before[img]http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7785/screenshot20101022at101.png[/img]
  • logic Pro 9
    After...and as you can see the audio is there. I hear the audio as i play it but nothing upon playback [img]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7785/screenshot20101022at101.png[/img]
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Everything looks at it should from the pictures... I misunderstood an earlier post from before, so you can turn off the Input Monitoring and Record enable for the channel strip as the audio has obviously been recorded in Logic. Please could you answer the following questions: 1. Can you update Logic to at least 9.0.2 and see if the issue persists. 2. Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [Devices] Change the Output device to "Built-in Output". Can you hear the output from Logic? 3. Disconnect all your hardware, restart your Mac, connect your M-Audio audio interface and your Monitors/Headphones, launch Logic and try playing back the project. 4. Does this happen in new projects you've recorded audio in? Thanks Rounik
  • logic Pro 9
    ok...when i changed the settings to built in output...it disconnected my mbox and and what do you know...i can hear the audio that i recorded playing back now except its coming from my computer speakers. I dont wish to update rite now to 9.2 and this is my first time trying to input audio from the triton to logic...ive been using my triton as a controller for logic instuments since i got the program.
  • Rounik Admin
    OK. Good to know... so there is something amiss in terms of the M-box maybe? In the same project, open the Loop Browser and click on any loop. Do you hear it playback? Do feel free to go back and reselect your mbox in the Audio Preferences. Changing your audio input/output is perfectly viable to do... I would highly recommend updating to 9.0.2 which will keep the original 9.0.0 in your Applications folder without overwriting it. (Updating to 9.1.2 (latest version) will overwrite the old version of Logic.) Logic 9.0.0 has a lot of small bugs and niggles. I didn't stay on 9.0.0 for very long... really! But at the same time you're right to be cautious about updating. OK. Can you try something else - if you have a microphone/guitar/other instrument: 1. Connect your mbox and select it in Audio preferences in Logic. 2. Connect your instrument/microphone to your Mbox input 1. 3. Create a mono audio track in Logic with Input set to Input 1. 4. Record arm the track and record some audio. 5. Turn of record ready (record arm) and play back the track. Can you hear audio signal coming from your MBox (using heaphones or speakers connected to it of course). Thanks Rounik
  • logic Pro 9
    Ok, i connected my microphone and recorded audio (its the second track) I turned off the Record button and I didnt hear any audio upon playback...same thing...i heard my audio as it was being recorded but nothing on playback[img]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8316/screenshot20101022at346.png[/img]
  • Hamish H
    Hi there When you play back the audio, do you turn the Mbox 'mix' dial to the output setting? I have an Mbox2, when the 'mix' dial is turned fully left I hear nothing but what's being recorded. I can't hear anything I've already recorded until i turn the dial to the right. (all the way right if i only want to hear recorded audio) Is the Mbox the same?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: