macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mtec
    New Imac
    ok guys i couldn't stretch to a Mac Pro so i went for a 27" Imac 2.93Ghz quad with 8gb ram. Any issues i should be aware of or, is everything sweet with this machine. mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: New Imac
    Hey mtec, Congrats on your new i7 iMac! The only issue I've heard about this Mac is that it's Hyper threading capabilities are not utilised out of the box with Logic 9.1.2. But here's a workaround from Apple on how to unleash it's Quad-core goodness: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=28918[/url] Would love to hear your impressions on this machine! Rounik
  • mtec
    yeah Imac is sweet all running ok and showing 8 cores with the fix(thanks Rounik). My Novation remote 61 seems to be playing up. When i press the stop button on the remote it stops logic but sends the playhead back to the beginning of the song(v frustrating). Any ideas? im using template 38 and Automap 3.5 set to Mackie Hui, Logic 9.1.2 and osx 10.6.4
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey mtec, Nice! By the way, Logic has just been updated to 9.1.3 (Logic updates are like London busses at the moment!) - for non-UK residents, this phrase means: No busses turn up for ages, then multiple busses arrive simultaneously! ... oh and my point it, 9.1.3 automatically fixes the Hyperthreading issue and gives options within Logic on how you wish manage multiple cores in Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4426[/url] Is the Novation sending duplicate messages for Stop? Like when you press Return to stop during playback, press it again to return playhead to beginning of project? :) R
  • mtec
    Really not sure what the Novation is doing. if i press and hold down the stop key on the Novation the playhead in logic stops. When i release the stop key the playhead jumps back to the beginning of the arrangement. Ahhhhhhhhhh. Any thoughts
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey mtec, What messages is the Novation sending (if you looks in the Clicks and Ports Monitor Input)... You might want to filter out the MIDI Note OFF for that key press... How is the Novation set up as a controller? Are you using keys or buttons to control Logic's Transport? :) Rounik
  • mtec
    Hi Guys, Novation SL is all working fine now with Logic 9. I had to press edit and the stop key on the Novation which then brings up the edit page for knobs and buttons. i then changed the stop button from momentary to toggle and yipeeeee all is as it should be. thanks for all your help mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey mtec, Cool thanks for sharing the solution. Makes sense it should be in 'toggle' mode... Out of interest how do you find the Novation SL with Logic? :) R
  • mtec
    The SL seems to work fine with Logic. All the inst can be controlled via Automap also the transport, sends, mixer etc. The action of the keys are also v good. i bought the SL61 a while back before M-audio brought out the Axiom pro which i prob would have gone for as i know it works really well with Logic. One of my friends has the Euphonix mc control and mix and they are IMHO prob the best control surfaces for Logic, truly amazing. More to save up for. The never ending wish list that is Music Technology. mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    Cool. I was looking at the SL, but heard contrasting stories regarding Automap and Logic... was also looking at Euphonix... until Logic 9.1.3 brought OSC control possibilities... Been using TouchOSC on my iPad with Logic... and it is really, really amazing! ... now if only Apple would put hardware buttons and faders on the iPad screen ;-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: