macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tenogyi
    comping
    I just returned to my work with Logic and decided to brush up on my skills with Logic 101. There have been upgrades made to the process of quick swipe comping, and I was wondering if someone could tell me of a tutorial dealing with the newest way to use the quick swipe/comp ability in Logic (creating new comps, exporting or moving comps, etc.) Thanks. SG.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: comping
    Hey SG, Check out videos 129-133 (in Section 17) of the Logic 101: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9101[/url] Those videos deal with quick swipe comping. If you need more help just let me know any questions you have :) Rounik
  • Tenogyi
    Thanks Rounik, I have seen those tutorials, but unfortunately Martin has not updated the tutorials on comping to reflect the update(s) in Logic. For instance, making a new comp requires one to export a comp to a new track when one wants to make a new, additional comp. The long and short of it is that there are new menu options that aren't discussed in the tutorials and I was wondering if anyone has some insight on the new features for comping. Thanks, I hope that was clear... SG.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi SG, Did you check out video 133 in the Logic 101 (revised for Logic 9). Amongst other things, it shows how useful turning off Quick Swipe Comping can be!. I think the only new menu options for Take Folder in L9 are: "Duplicate Comp" (Duplicates the currently selected comp) "Delete All Other Comps" (Deletes all comps except the active (selected) one). "Export Active Comp to a New Track" (Select a Take/Comp and choose this menu option to copy the Active comp/take to a new Audio Track. The original comp/take is left intact on the original track.) "Move Active Comp to a New track" (As above, except the active take/comp is moved from the original take folder onto a new audio track.) Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: