macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Ninja
    Out put channel
    Hi, I'm trying to master my tracks and next to audio panning window it shows a stereo out panning window, since that's what I selected in I/O. The problem is that I don't have a option for selecting inserts on stereo out side and so if I wanted to master the track, how would I go about selecting all the plugins?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Out put channel
    Hi Logic Ninja, Do you mean that there are no insert slots on the Stereo Output channel strip? If you open the Mixer you'll find that at least one channel strip is set to Surround format. Change it back to stereo/mono by click-holding the format button under the bottom of that channel strip's level meter.Also change the output for that channel strip to "Stereo Output". Also, you may notice that in projects with a surround channel strip the Master Volume channel strip in the Mixer has insert slots... so if you are purposefully creating a Surround project, this is th channel strip to insert plugins on. Hope that helps Rounik
  • Logic Ninja
    Thanks for the reply Rounik! Yeah, I guess I did set one of them to surround. Just wondering though, how are stereo/mono projects different from surround sound projects and what are surround sound projects usually used for?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Logic Ninja, Well, a Surround project designed for 5.1 Surround sound will need 6 outputs... and 6 monitors to play back all the different outputs. Roughly speaking it is designed to give a richer and more immersive audio listening experience as the listener tends to sit i a space 'surrounded' by the sound. Surround Sound is usually found in certain cinemas and on some high quality movies/TV/Home entertainment systems. For a little more info on Surround sound check out the Surround Sound wiki: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surround_sound[/url] :) Rounik
  • Logic Ninja
    Got it, thanks a lot for the help Rounik!
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs Logic Ninja! At some point in the future Surround Sound may well be the standard for audio... just like how Stereo superseded Mono and Digital is taking the baton from analog... :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: