macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jeff
    Recording Elec guitar
    I am recording an electric guitar direct... dry would like to record only the dry signal, but while recording I would like to record with some effects i.e. reverb in the monitor what is the best way to do this? ...thought I would output the electric guitar channel strip to a bus and add effects the the bus channel strip then output the bus channel strip to the stereo output, but doesn't seem to be working what did I miss? Jeff
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Recording Elec guitar
    Hi Jeff, When you record audio in Logic you ALWAYS record only the direct/dry signal. Any insert effects placed on the channel strip are NOT recorded. Try this out: 1. Place a reverb plugin on the audio channel strip. 2. Record your guitar to that track. 3. Listen back in Logic. Now option-click on the Reverb plugin (or click the bypass button in the plugins interface if it is open). You'll hear your guitar play back without the effects. 4. Another way to check it is to open the Bin and play the audio file you just recorded. You'll notice it also is only the original dry signal. Hope this answers your question. :) Rounik
  • jeff
    Re: Recording Elec guitar
    Good point thx Jeff
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: