macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Amissimal
    Where are the songs saved?
    I know it´s a dumb question but where are the svaved songs in Logic? When I want one I have to use the search all the time. But where are the folder with my songs?!
  • mtec
    Re: Where are the songs saved?
    Hi, when Logic first opens it will open a window where u can pick where the song/project can be saved to. i would get into the habit of creating a new folder for each project you do and save your song into that. One project folder per song. you can save projects wherever u like on your computer or an external drive. To find where u have saved your current songs just find them in spotlight( magnifying glass symbol top right of your desktop screen) search,hover the mouse over the file name and a small label box will appear showing where the file is on your computer,Alternatively If you use the find function click on one of your song files and at the bottom of the window it will show u where the file is located on your computer. i would recommend that you understand how to save and load files and how to navigate the Mac Os as you will get very frustrated especially if you cannot find files or worse trash them inadvertently. hope this helps mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    I agree with what mtec is saying. By default Logic will save your projects here: HD/*Your Home Folder*/Music/Logic/ When saving a project in Logic 8 or 9 you don't need to create a new folder for it, because Logic does this step for you. e.g. Choose File > Save as.. Navigate to a location of your choice. Enter the name of the project to be saved and Logic creates the folder with the same name in that location. In the Finder if you look inside the folder, typically you'll see the logic project file, a folder called "Audio Files", a folder called "Project File Backups" and (if you have bounced any audio in your project) a folder called "Bounces". Hope that helps Rounik
  • Amissimal
    A million thanks, guys!
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem. Any questions - ask away... :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: