macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Solo Safe
    I've been down this path before. I had worked it out to some degree. I am using some I/O patches and normally I use the environment to go in, set an output on a channel strip and control click the solo button. That will make those set of outputs solo safe and prevent complete muting of the sound when using solo for another channel strip on 1&2 out. Standard or default is 1&2 correct. So if your using I/O patches on the MAIN output, You cannot solo safe the Main, but you can fake the system with a channel strip in the environment, pull up outputs that correlate to your I/O and solo safe that channel strip. That is what i thought I did last time. Not working now. Will need to try again. try this on your system. Pull up a I/O patch on your main output. Pretend your using a fairchild 670. Now if need be connect something if you have a way in our out of your system so that the routing is complete. Use output 3&4 both in and out. Now try soloing a single channel strip or track on your mixer which is using channel 1&2 output, the default. How does it work? It should go dead mute. See how you can get the Solo safe to work on the 3&4 outputs which are being used on the main. Remember, if you solo safe the main, everything is allowed through so solo is not really working.
  • Rohogay
    Re: Solo Safe
    Found the solution!! http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3109 The outputs on either the environment mixer or in the mixer when you select ALL, will have the outputs for the group your using. 1&2 are a given, 3&4 and in my case 7&8 were also showing. I control clicked these solo buttons and the problem was resolved. Hope that helps for anyone in this position in the future.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Victor, Sorry, completely missed your post yesterday. Glad you found the answer and thanks for posting it :) R
  • Rohogay
    Was working on a demo for a new model amp were building. Here is final result using only a stock Fender Stratocaster guitar plugged straight in. http://mojaveampworks.com/audio/pbw.mp3 Did this 1 min clip as an audio demo. Used Logic at 96K 24 bit then down converted. Sounds better to me
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: