macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vivisuy
    Exponential Hits
    How do you do exponential hits, notes or percusive sounds in Logic. I am talking about a group of notes or percussion sounds that increase their tempo and note/event count at an exponential pace in a short period of time say one measure or less. (Example artist would be BT on his cd, "This Binary Universe"). Rob
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Exponential Hits
    Hey Rob, "This Binary Universe" is one of my favourite albums. I think I know the type of sound you are refering to, but if you want to get more specific, let me know a track name and time and I'll check it out. I know, in general, BT did a lot of the stutter edits and glitch effects by hand. Often this meant, sampling and resampling sounds, cutting, adjusting, pasting, etc. He also has his own glitch plugins that are not yet released to the best of knowledge to help create his signature 'stutter' effects. Hope this helps Rounik
  • Vivisuy
    The song, "All That Makes Us human", starting at about 2:30. They are definitely a type of stutter edit. Isn't that album amazing. Rob
  • Rounik Admin
    It is a really beautiful album. And you've given me a good excuse to delve into it a little deeper! I'll get back to you over the weekend... though having said that, experimenting with short percussive sounds like I mention above is a great place to start too. Cheers Rounik
  • Vivisuy
    Actually he these stutter edits slow down also, exponentially. Rob
  • Rounik Admin
    You can achieve that with carefully placing the regions in the Arrange area... (when really zoomed in...) There are a couple of plugins too that can help to give random glitch effects... ...hmmm... this might be a good topic to do an In-Depth blog tutorial on.... :) R
  • Vivisuy
    That would be great. I love that effect. I have heard other artists use this effect also. It is a good effect for rises and/or falls at key inflection points in an arrangement. Thanks Rob
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Rob, First in a series of posts on Creating glitch style effects: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/creating-glitch-style-stutter-edits-logic[/url] :)
  • 88keez
    Wow...I listened to BT's song on the link...mesmerizing....he now has a new fan. Interesting effect, I look forward to delving into it...the possibilities seem endless once you know what to do and play around with it. Thanks.
  • Vivisuy
    Wow....That's sounds good! I will have to give that a try. Thanks for using this topic in your blog! Rob
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: