macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Cejunee
    Buying midi loops. Reason vs Native
    I want to buy some midi loops for Logic Pro 9. (I am not interested in Audio Loops.) I am interested in hearing what packages people like. In a related question, I would like a comparison of Reason to Native Instruments. I am only interested in using these for instruments and midi loops. I will continue to use Logic for all recording/sequencing. Thanks!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Buying midi loops. Reason vs N...
    Hi Scott, What style/instrumentation of MIDI loops are you looking for? RnB, DnB, Pop, Drums, orchestral, etc? Did you know that the Green apple loops that are bundles with Logic contain MIDI regions? You can use these with any software instrument of your choice... Logic's Instruments and effects are impressive. Sometimes they take a bit of tweaking and layering, but you can produce sounds for almost every style of music. Reason, however, is well known to have some of the most excellent sounding synths. A lot of producers use both Reason and Logic together (Rewire technology) so they can make use of reason's instruments. Have you checked out the Reason tutorials here to get a sense of what the instruments are capable of? Thanks Rounik p.s. here are a couple of places that serve up MIDI files: [url]http://www.mididb.com/[/url] [url]http://www.dancemidisamples.com/[/url]
  • Pokatiu
    Hi Rounik, hows it goin? I ve heard a lot of rewire technology and using Reason with logic - I guess I have to check out the Reason tutorials cause I am completely ignorant about it. I have some questions right now tough and i d like to hear your opinion from your real life experience: Rewire technology affects a lot the cpu performances? I like to produce Deep House and Minimal; would you suggest me to use Reason for these styles? sorry man, had a gig tonight and I am so tired that I know my english is horrible now)) BTW Scott - I love Native Instrument and particolourly (ouch) Reaktor - from my point of view is the most alive plugin synth and I just cant produce anything without it. Kontakt is also estremelly powerful - tough I dont enjoy really much working with samples - it is much MORE than a normal sampler - you can edit sounds in so many ways that is ... it s crazy really))
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi! It's all good thanks. Hope you're well too. Definitely browse through the Reason tuts. They're all really good! There are also some posts on the forum about rewire which can help :) Rewire can affect CPU... depends on the Mac specs, Logic and reason projects... what you're doing, etc. The more ram you have the better! A lot of people use them together successfully and it's a good way to go as Reason's synths sound great and would be good for deep house and minimal... but then Logic's ES2, EXS24, ES1 and Sculpture can all be used for your styles too... Best thing to do would be to check out the Reason tuts and see if it's something you'd be interested in using in your compositions. :) Rounik
  • Burypiy
    Re: Buying midi loops. Reason vs Native
    Hey scott, Did anyone answer you about the midi loops and where you can buy them? I don't want apple audio loops either. You can't manipulate them. I am using logic 8. thanks :)
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Buying midi loops. Reason vs Native
    Hi Trevor, If you find a pack of GREEN / MIDI Apple Loops (aka Software Instrument Apple Loops) then you'll be able to drag 'em directly onto a Software Instrument track and work with the MIDI notes. Groovemonkey.com I believe sell MIDI drum loops. HTH Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: