macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Parallel Compression
    Check this out to learn how and why to use Parallel Compression in your Mixes: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/parallel-compression-logic-pro[/url] (includes audio samples) :)
  • logicluvva
    Re: Parallel Compression
    Sounds great.Tasty , beefy groove. There's so much diversity when it comes to compressing the drums in Logic 9. I found it daunting at first but it always seems to come back to what sounds the best for the ears involved. Cheers. Just out of interest....what do you make of the use of the mix slider as opposed to this method ? Please do a tutorial for the frequency - specific section in the compressor. I know Olav has mentioned it but it's still a little confusing.I'd like to be more confident over the full use of Logic's compressor. Thanks again, Rounik
  • mtec
    Nice post R. could always use the mix slider at the bottom of the Compressor. mtec
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks! Yup, turning the Compressors' Mix slider to 50% will add parallel compression... but there are a couple of benefits to the way I detailed: 1- You can adjust EQ (which is what logicluvva and Olav Basoski mention) to the overly compressed signal. Very cool way to bring out the highs/lows, etc. 2- This method should be similar to follow for those using other DAWs... :) But, good points... might do a follow-up to Compression, either Parallel or Serial, or something else... Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: