macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Steff
    midi controllers
    Hello everybody, I'm using Logic 9 and an oxygen 49 keyboard. I set my knobs and buttons in a template song, using both the key command window and the midi assignment window. It works great!! But when I close my song and open a new one, most of the times it doesn't. Sometimes it does though, it's making me crazy. My keyboard is still set on the right channel and everything. I don't understand why Logic behaves that way. I don't want to spend my time setting everything up again each time I open or create a song. Can anyone help? Thank you so much. Steff
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: midi controllers
    Hi Steff, This is odd... Just to clarify, are you running Logic Pro 9.1.3? Is there any pattern between the projects which don't remember your assignments? What kind of assignments have you been making, e.g. mapped to specific channel strips? When it doesn't work, in the Controller Assignment window can you still see the assignments listed there? I would try quitting Logic and then moving this file to your Desktop: *Your User Name / Library / Preferences / com.apple.logic.pro.cs Then try creating assignments again and see if this time they are remembered properly or not. (If you get similar results do move the original .cs file back to the same location if you wish). Cheers Rounik
  • Steff
    Hi, Thanks for your answer. I've just updated to 9.1.3 and it seems to be working better. But as with 9.1.2 it used to sometimes work and sometimes not, will see in a few days. If it has an erratic behaviour again I'll try the pref thing. Bye
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Stef, Do let me know if trashing the prefs works or not - or if the Controller Assignments persist in being forgotten... Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: