macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tone
    logic rookie says: hello need some help !
    I am pretty new with logic and I encounter some difficulties. First, when I assign a channel to a bus, it happens that the send knob from the bus is moving by itself automatically. I had check with automation mode and the send volume is moving by itself as well. How can I stop the knob to move? Second : The vector fader is not working horizontally. I did the right setup putting "horizontal" to Fader,find the right channel etc... I plugged it in a monitor but nothing is happening, no midi data. However the vertical mode works perfecty. how can I solve this problem ? Thank you very much Ps: I would like to thank MacproVideo for their awesome web site!!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: logic rookie says: hello need ...
    Hi Tone, Welcome to the macProVideo forums!! First: Make sure you don't have any automation on the channel strip for the send. - Select the track in the Arrange. - Press "A" on your keyboard to View Track Automation. - Click on the Automation Parameter Menu on the Track Header and choose Main > Send #.... If there is track automation written there... - Choose: Track > Track Automation > Delete visible automation on selected track. Alternatively, set the automation mode for that track to OFF (NOT READ). Second issue... It's difficult to provide help without more details. e.g. What is connected to the Vector Fader? Where is the cable from the Vector fader connected to? What are the MIDI data values set to for the Vecor fader in the Inspector in the Environment? Hope this helps Rounik btw, the Logic 101 tutorial has a great section on Automation that'll give you all the in's and out's needed :)
  • Tone
    Hello , thank you very much for the response, it helps. For the second problem, I connect a vector fader to a channel strip to a monitor. I select the vector and setup in the inspector for example : vertical : fader channel 1 ; -1 :7 horizontal : fader channel 2 ; -1 :21 with the EVP88 It should move the volume and chorus, nothing is happening , why? Last question. I have reason 4, can I open the reason plug-ins in Logic 9 , if yes how ? Thank you very much
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tone, The Vector Fader should read like this: Style: As Vector Vertical: Fader Channel: 1 -1- : 7 Horizontal: Fader Channel: 2 -1- : 21 Range: 0 127 This should work fine. I just double checked and works fine here on Logic 9.1.3. As for Reason. You can't directly open Reason's built-in instruments and effects in Logic because they are not in AU format. However, you can rewire Logic and Reason: Here's a full tut on how to rewire Logic and Reason: [url]http://www.propellerheads.se/substance/rewirehelp/index.cfm?article=logic8_0&fuseaction=get_article[/url] Let me know if you need any help, Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: