macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xapemau
    logic Audio 6 to Logic P 8
    Hi,I tried to download my tunes from my previous Logic 6 to Pro 8. I see tracks but I can't get any sound.I would like to remix them.Is it possible?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: logic Audio 6 to Logic P 8
    Hi have you checked that none of the channels are muted/soloed... Can you post some screenshots of your Logic 6 project? Thanks Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Hi,Rounik.Now I seem to have a problem with the aif file. It doesn't open up in logic.It goes to itunes or else I forgot how to do it?
  • Xapemau
    Hi,I'll try some other tunes.I went back to my old computer and tried to get Logic 6 to start.It gave me a message, that I don't have any longer the code key that fits in the computer working.I was hoping to download my Logic 6 again.Maybe I have to get in touch with Logic support?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi hamaric, for Logic 6 you must have the USB dongle that comes with Logic 6 in a USB port on your Mac to run Logic... Do you not have this copy protection key anymore?? Very important to keep it safe. Are you trying to open the aif file in Logic by double-clicking it in the Finder? You can reassign which application opens a file type... but here are some other options: 1. Launch Logic. 2. Choose one of the following: A. File > Import Audio File... B. Drag the audio file from a Finder window into Logic's Bin or Arrange area. C. In the Bin choose: Audio File > Add Audio File... Hope this helps Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Hi,Rounik I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you.But I had to remix a tune that wasn't happening.I Just wanted to tell you I am having now trouble with my iphotos.I can't get it to upload pictures.But that is something else.I checked on a tune I uploaded from Logic Audio 6 to P 8 and it starts off by saying; can't find all the files to some plug ins.O.K. when I open the tune in Logic P 8.. I set all the in and outputs like 1-2 to each channel. No Sound,sometimes a drum track will play or some other instrument,but it has bad quality.That's where I am so far.Now my cross fade tool doesn't work on my audio files.Whats up with that? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi hamaric, Do you have the most up to date versions of these plugins installed ? Which ones are they? Have you checked all possible channels to make sure there's nothing solo'd or muted? Fade files can become corrupt... try Options > Audio > Delete all fade files Take a look at the blog here for some step-by-step guides on how to troubleshoot "no audio" [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/troubleshooting-logic-101-hear-audio-heres[/url] Hope this helps Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Hi,Rounik I will read and try all of your suggestions.Thanks again for your generosity of knowledge and guidance.Have a nice day.
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs Hamaric! Let me know how you get on and have a great day too :) Rounik
  • Xapemau
    Hi,Rounik I follow your instructions that you have given me to check out everything.But when I get to Library/Preference/Logic,then I can not find: com.apple.logic.pro.plist.Instead I see only,com.apple.RegLogicstudio.plist and that's all.Oh! Where do I locate audio files that could be corrupt? Thanks
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: