macProVideo.com
Forums
  • drusif
    seperating mido
    hi, im tryin to seperate a midi drum part so i can change some settings on this, i no im meant to go to midi-seperte midi events-seperate note pitch! but im not offered that option! im goin through the drop down midi tab in the arrange area inbetween region and audio. is this correct and if so what do i do??
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: seperating mido
    Hi drusif, welcome to the forums! In Logic 9 you need to make sure to select the region in the Arrange area and then choose: MIDI > Separate MIDI Events > By Note Pitch This is great if you want to edit the note events and pan/velocity/quantization, etc... If you want to route the different parts of the drums to different channel strips so they can have their own effects then it'll be better to use a Multi-Output EXS24 or Ultrabeat... Check out this tip: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/logic-quick-tip-multioutput-drum-processing-ultrabeat[/url] :)
  • drusif
    thanks for the reply! is that the same in logic 8? cause when i go to midi i dont get the option to seperate events. i am using the right midi path, the one in the arrange page right?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi drusif, Sorry I no longer have Logic 8 installed on any of my systems... so I can't check this out directly... but I believe the command in the menu was named slightly differently "Demix by Pitch" - check in the MIDI and Region menus in the Arrange area. Let me know how you get on. R
  • drusif
    na nothing like demix there! ill keep checkin though. also sorry to be a pain but do u no of any good tutorial vids to show how to chop up audio for example, the audio says "YOU ARE". i wanna chop it so it repeats you lots and timestretch it gon quicker. if that makes sense cheers
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi drusif, It's there somewhere.... In fact I think it should be here: Region > Split/Demix > Demix by Note Pitch errr... All the best Logic tutorial videos are right here!! Have you checked out the Logic 101? Even better get a monthly subscription and then you can view the entire range of tutorials - which includes loads and loads of Logic ones online! [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorials/logic+studio-suite[/url] Also, have you checked out the macProVideo blog? Lots of free resources and tutorials to check out: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/[/url] What you want to do is pretty simple to do in Logic 9 because of the Flex Time features... Here's what I would do in L8... 1. Place the "You Are" region on an audio track. 2. Resize the region so only the "You" can be heard. 3. Loop it as far as you want to by dragging in the top right corner of the region. 4. Then copy the original region to where the loops stop and then time stretch the region (option-drag the bottom right corner of the region). Hope that helps Rounik
  • drusif
    your a superstar mate! it was region/seperate pitch! so now i can eq them all seperate then pack away in a folder when done! yea think ill get the suscrption cause theres a few vids i wanted to check out. and i assume after a few months when im confident to not need them i can cancel anyways
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs drusif! Yes... but using this method you'll have to move each separated region to a new track with it's own Software Instrument and EQ... in order to process it separately... just to let you know... the track lane created now all reference the same Channel strip and the therefore the same SI and effect plugins. Working with Multi-output instruments (like EXS24 and Ultrabeat) make this process very easy ;-) The subscription is the best way to go without a doubt... start with the Logic 101, there's lots and lots of comprehensive info there and yes, you if you need to cancel you can do so whenever you wish... and resubscribe whenever too. Personally, because the new content constantly being produced, I think it's money well spent! Try it out and see what you think. :)
  • drusif
    ok mate, will sign up to it. thanks for ur help
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem. Let me know if you need any help or have any questions... :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: