macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Pro
    Apple Loops and others.
    How do I stop the loops provided with Logic swamping my Itunes directory? Can I put these loops onto an external drive and still be accessed by Logic or Gband menus?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Apple Loops and others.
    Hi Logic Pro and welcome to the macProVideo forums! How are your Loops swamping your iTunes directory? I'm sorry but I don't understand what's the problem exactly... What kind of loops are these? Apple Loops that come with Logic or your own loops? Are you double-clicking them to open them from the Finder? Is the problem that they open in iTunes? Have you tried importing the audio loops into Logic directly as explained here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=29620&sid=0#29632[/url] Are you looking to preview the loops before bringing them into Logic? I really need more details about what you're doing, what happens as a result and what you'd like to achieve before suggesting specific solutions though :) Thanks Rounik
  • Logic Pro
    [quote:][/quote] As you may be aware I am new to both Mac and LogicPro. I too have a problem with Apple Loops opening in Itunes with subsequent swamping of that directory. Can I put these in another location i.e. an external hard drive? How do I delete these loops simultaneously? If I move them how can LogicPro find them. They tend to fill up valuable hard drive space.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi again Logic Pro, Do you mean you double-click an Apple Loop in the OSX finder window and it opens in iTunes? Easy fix: 1. Open a New finder window and navigate to: Library/Audio/Apple Loops/Apple/ Find any .CAF apple loop within an enclosed folder and select it (by clicking it once). 2. Choose File > Get Info... (CMD-I) 3. In the Get Info window click on the Triangle next to 'Open With:" to show that area if it is hidden. 4. Select the Application you want Apple Loops to open in, e.g. Logic Pro or Quicktime, etc. 5. Now click on "Change All..." button to make sure all similar files (.CAF) files on your Mac will open in that application when you double-click them. Done. btw, did you know if you are looking at Apple Loops or audio files (or any documents) in the Mac Finder window, pressing Spacebar will 'quick look' the file. This will preview the file without opening it in any application. Secondly, you can browse all your Apple Loops within Logic. Click on the Media button in the Toolbar and choose the 'Loops' tab. As for moving the loops to another external drive... When you install Logic you have the option of where to install the additional content. If you already have Logic installed then... 1. Drag the whole Apple Loops folder to an external drive. 2. Delete the original Apple Loops folder on your system drive. 3. Open or create a new Logic project and drag the new Apple Loops folder on the external drive onto the Loops Browser. This will reindex the loops. Hope this helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: