macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Greg M
    automating loop length?
    Hi Ya all Does anyone know how I can automate the end of a loop length? I like the way some risers are created by slowly shortening the end of a loop over a few bars and wanted to try it out in logic but it cant be automated in the ESX24. Id rather not spend about a week knocking off a few ticks of each sample to produce the same effect, lazy I know :-) I know simpler in ableton can do it but thought id ask you wise folks if you new any other way, or an AU 3rd part plug that might Cheers Greg
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: automating loop length?
    Hi Greg, That's a good question. I don't know of a way to do this in the EXS24... You could try adjusting the ADSR of Envelope 2 so that Decay is 100% and attack, sustain and release are at 0... then in the routing section set the destination as Env 2 decay and the source as LFO2. Adjust the LFO 2 setting as desired. But to be honest I haven't found an easy way to do this that works. - Personally, I'd draw the trigger notes into the Piano Roll, let's say they all begin on the first beat of the bar and the loop is one bar long... - Next open the Event List (E) and select all the notes (CMD+A). Deselect the first note event by shift-clicking it. - Drag the tick length value down as desired. - Shift-click to deselect one of the triggers and repeat the process. It's actually quite quick to achieve good results - but it is manual :) Rounik
  • Greg M
    Hi Rounik Thanks for that, I will give it a try and let you know how I get on. Im not against manual by the way, just unnecessary manual :-) Cheers Greg
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs Greg! btw, Is it just the end time of the sample you want to edit? :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: