macProVideo.com
Forums
  • jd foster
    Re: "consolidating" trac...
    Hello Rounik, Again, thanks so much for your thoughtful help on the consolidating ideas. Is there a simple tutorial or overview of the UltraBeat section of Logic. I have looked at a few and still can't bring myself to even want to dive in to it. I for years have programmed old school drum machines for making demos of songs. I have mostly used the old Alesis HR-16 type of machine. I'm not as concerned with the sculpting sounds as i am the simple programming and making of patterns and then being able to assemble them into songs. I know all this seems terrible remedial! the interface just does not seem friendly to me. any ideas? or another program you'd suggest just to make simple rock/pop patterns for demos. My favorite now is just to use Loops of Mick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac. they are great but of course don't have all the parts and styles that one needs. Thanks so much, jeffrey
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: "consolidating" trac...
    Hi Jeffrey, No problem at all! Have you seen Steve H's Ultrabeat Unleashed tutorial? [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic9204[/url] Sure there's a lot of content about programming sounds using the built-in oscialltors in Ultrabeat. But there's also plenty in Sections 1, 6 and 7 which would be perfect for what you need. I understand what you mean about the interface. Whenever I teach students how to use Ultrabeat I break it down into areas, and Steve H is a master at being able to focus your attention on areas of interfaces and demystifying seemingly complex concepts! Hope that helps Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: