macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Freelance
    Should i just buy a logic DVD
    Should i purchase this Logic 101 tutorial, im worried because i would prefer getting a hard copy instead of a downloadable version simply because i only have on computer and the whole back and forth with thing may be rigorous.... Advice
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Should i just buy a logic DVD
    Hi Freelance, Welcome to the forums! None of the macProVideo tutorials are sold on DVD any longer. Everything is via HD download or subscribing and watching online. Actually this is a great thing. If you want to buy a single tutorial (e.g. Logic 101) then simply download NED to your Mac, buy the tutorial on this website and then launch NED and download your purchase. NED will download and organise your tutorials for you. Then you can copy the video tutorial to another hard disk or onto CD or DVD media to store it as a backup. If you lose it completely you can always re-download it for free! :) Rounik
  • Freelance
    Thanks a lot so what does NED do exactly?
  • Rounik Admin
    It's a macProVideo tutorial download and playback application. Check it out and download it here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/about/[/url] Let us know if you have any other questions :) Rounik
  • Martin
    I'll also add that you can re-download your tutorial(s) at any point in the future ... there's no time limit on this. So you don't have to worry about losing the DVD! :) Additionally, if you purchase the download, you can ALSO stream the purchased tutorial(s) to any computer at any time, after logging in to your user account. This is a an extra service we provide to our esteemed download customers for no extra charge ...
  • Freelance
    Thanks I am going to follow all the steps today. As far logic 9 goes, i just got the software a few days ago will logic 101 tutorial take me through the basics of logic 9 from scratch to actually putting out a song or I may need other tutorials? I just wanna get started and get familiar with the application
  • Martin
    The Logic 101 will take you through everything you need to know to use Logic. It is recommended you do the 101 Core Training before proceeding to higher level tutorials, as the 101 forms the foundation for future concepts you'll learn. When you're ready to go deeper, look at the other titles and see what interests you ... but start with the 101 and you should learn everything you need to know to make music in Logic.
  • Rounik Admin
    +1!! Logic 101 is definitely the best place to start and it'll take you through step-by-step building a song from scratch. Once you've downloaded the tutorial you can visit the tutorial page and download the Project file if you wish too! :) R
  • Rohogay
    I've owned Logic 101 for over a year and I STILL go back and find things a new. It's loaded. I don't know but I think Martin updated it some when Logic 9 came out? Martin, Do you do updates to the tutorials like that when a major change is released or rather a new version etc? I'm just guessing yes to more or less fill in the gaps. Anyway, just watched it last night. Oh to be a power user some dayâ¦..
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Victor, I know what you mean - the Logic 101 is very comprehensive indeed! It's a great tutorial to dip back into and I recommend it to all my private Logic students & clients too! Logic 8 to 9 had some pretty minor updates at 101 level - the interface and practically everything else was the same... so there was no need to reshoot an entirely new tutorial. Instead, a few extra videos were shot and some videos edited to make sure it all applied perfectly for Logic 9 users. As a result, the Logic 9 101 tutorial was offered as a $5 dollar upgrade to existing Logic 8 101 owners. This barely covers the bandwidth cost to download the new version! But we wanted to be as fair as possible. Of course, if an entirely new tutorial needs to be shot from scratch for say, Logic 10, then the Trainer has to be paid appropriately for their time, effort and expertise - so it wouldn't be possible to offer such an upgrade and the tutorial itself wouldn't be an upgrade but a brand new product. Hope that makes sense! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: