macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Superior Drummer goes 64 bit
    Just a couple of days ago I was decrying the wows of 32 bit and ultimately decided to start running logic 64 bit full time, learn to live with 32 bit float. Mainly I was concerned with my Superior Drummer which I use faithfully as well as other plug ins. Superior Drummer or Toontrack is offering all of it's players in 64 bit. Some of the best sound libraries in existence and the easist (thus the EZ designation) drum browser ever created. Check it out.[url]http://toontrack.com[/url] Melodyne is 64 bit as well so that means some of the serious plug ins are going to have to follow suit. FINALLY an end to memory limits and all ilness related symptoms of 32 bit. Native finly has a serious chance to end TDM or at least fully compete.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Superior Drummer goes 64 bit
    Yeah! This is good news indeed! :) Rounik
  • Zihymua
    The 64bit is for Window only not for Mac, we still wait for it, they said in October an we are in December perhaps Toontrack mean October 2011
  • Rohogay
    64 bit is up and running on both Mac and Win platforms. I have the SD 2.2.3 which the 64 bit update and last night I set up my template to now include Superior Drummer as a Multi output channel plug in. That is 16 stereo or 32 mono outputs. This gives a good deal of control to the individual drum trax. It's also cool that you can continue to use the Superior mixer as a "Sub Mixer" which means the built in custom plug in EFX and compresessors are stil active. 64 bit is 100% in full swing and working quite well. I even increased the memory for the plug in itself to over 8 gig. I can run a dozen of those if I wanted now, but with one set up in muti ch output I can afford to put one additional EZ drummer/Superior Drummer or EZ player Pro in place for a percussion track or the likes. The 64 bit freed the insert so it no lover requires the bridge and therefore the GUI stays open while working in Logic. Co Pletly cool. To learn more on the 64 bit benefits for Logic, check out Steve H's free 10 min review on 64 bit Logic. also go to the Toontrack support Forum to read on each products 64 bit thread. They are still officially calling it a Beta but it seems bug free to me.
  • Zihymua
    I donât know where you download Superior 2 in 64bit because in Toontrack site the last version available it is 2.2.3 and this is a 32bit version, need some light
  • Rohogay
    In your user account, there are downloads for each product you are registered as owner of. The download to upgrade your Superior Drummer 2.0 for 64 bit is called: Superior_Drummer_MAC_223.dmg (Mac Users) Superior_Drummer_WIN_223.zip (Windows Users) If you are logged into your account, which you must have or need to set up with Toontrack, you will have a green button at the top upper right hand corner that says, MY PRODUCTS. Once into your account, select what you want, in your case Superior Drummer and you will see the most current upgrades which you can down load. If you have not downloaded the upgrade, it is in orange and says new. If you have downloaded it, it shows downloaded and a date when that was done. Should look like this:[img]http://mojaveampworks.com/scrn/sd.png[/img]
  • Rohogay
    I also want to add that if you have version 2.2.3, how are you running SD 2.2.3 and how is it not coming up for you as 64 bit? I am seeing Superior Drummer under Toontrack in the insert for the channel Strip when Logic is opened in 64 Bit. If your plug in or third party plug is 64 bit, it will not be listed under 32 bit and it will not need the bridge. I am certain your aware of this but after you have your Superior Drummer downloaded and upgraded as I spelled out above, make sure your Logic is running 64 bit. Just in case, read this" [img]http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1664/screenshot20101204at256.png[/img]
  • Zihymua
    Thank you Mojave, you make my day, i was waiting for an email from Toontrack for the 64bit version update an it was already there, i was waiting for it to start a new song in 64bit, thank you thank you
  • Rohogay
    I know how you feel, Don't mention it.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: