macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Vivisuy
    UAD Now 64 Bit!
    I just got the email from Universal Audio. 64 bit support for Mac OS. Now all I need is Waves to update to 64 bit. Rob
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: UAD Now 64 Bit!
    Hey Rob! I lierally just saw this announcement! Great news and thanks for sharing :) R
  • Rohogay
    Sweeeeeeeeeet
  • Stevesaxman
    Hey gang, Whats the deal with UAD plugins? Am I correct in my understanding that you must first purchase the UAD-1 or better yet the UAD-2 sound card in order for these "powered" plugs to work? If so, is that pretty simple to do on my Mac Pro? And, question number 4, how good are these plugs, in particular, the Neve channel strips and (if anyone has tried) the new SSL stuff? I gotta a little bit of play money burning a hole in pocket but I wanted to get the opinions of my most trusted mentors first :-) Cheers, Steve
  • Rohogay
    Check the UAD site for details, I know you do need the accelerator processing card for sure. Will be doing some checking out at NAMM this year to see what the story is.
  • Stevesaxman
    That's sweet! I'm looking forward to all the details from your trip... Hopefully I'll get a chance to go sometime in the future. Thanks again, Steve
  • Rohogay
    It's basically a noisy seminar with a large video screen, a guy with a head mic and some old hardware bolted up in the display booth while he is talking about the UA products etc. I looking forward to meeting Steve and Martin again, I hope they are going to do the show? It's so EXPENCIVE. I can see why they woudn't if they opt out. Superior Drummer (Toontrack) will not be there. They said it was a waste of money vs all the others ways to market. I tend to agree but the NAMM is ultimately a networking deal. Unless your form China or Korea and you have lots of good products to sell all the rest of the world, it's perfect. They are the dominate force there. If it says brand XXX, it's probably made by one of the off shore companies. That is the reality of the world economy. I do see the German flags flying high with MADE IN GERMANY there which is a kick. Some Stateside and Euro goods. Over all, It's still a cool place to go if your a gear head, software fanatic and all around music nut. I will be totally digging around the Microphone zone.
  • Rounik Admin
    macProVideo will be there ;-)
  • Rohogay
    EXCELLENT!
  • Rounik Admin
    ... but I won't be there. I'll be here (haven't yet figured out a way to be in two places at once!) :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: