macProVideo.com
Forums
  • LarryT
    Questions about Apple Loops and esx24 instruments
    Probably a stupid question, but I have logic express 9 and I was trying to add a loop Turkish Morning Oboe and when I add it the esx24 instrument is changed to Indian Shehnai Oboe. The sound is significantly different. Question is why can I hear it in the apple loop library playback and not get the same sound when I add it or better yet how do I obtain that sound?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Questions about Apple Loops an...
    Hi Larry, Welcome to the forums! I see what you mean - the "turkish morning oboe" loops load the EXSX24 setting called "Indian Shehnai Oboe". However, on my system the loops have the same sound except for one thing: reverb. When some of the Apple Loops were created the reverb was placed on an Aux channel strip and part of the Instrument channel strip's signal was sent to that Reverb Aux. Unfortunately, for green apple loops, this send and Aux info is not saved.... So, set up a send and place a space designer on an Aux channel and send to that channel strip to get a similar sound. However, try dragging the turkish morning oboe loop on to an existing empty audio track... you'll notice that the audio version was rendered with the reverb effect. Hope that helps R
  • LarryT
    Well first off unfortunately I have express which means - no space designer - I have added an empty software instrument track (same story dumps it in as the Indian Oboe) as well as audio track which gives me no sound. Am I missing something with the second suggestion?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Larry, You could try using one of the reverb plugins included with Express... maybe the PlatinumVerb would be a good one to choose. When dragging a green apple loop (Software Instrument Apple Loop) onto an Audio Track, DON'T drag the region in the Arrange - but drag the loop directly from the loop browser. Green (or SIAL's) include the MIDI region and channel strip setting for the Software Instrument Channel Strip and the audio region. Hope this helps R
  • LarryT
    Thanks for the help!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: