macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Sherry
    IPAD - Photography
    Does anyone know if the IPAD is a good purchase for a Professional Photographer? How does it work for moving and storing photos? Which app would be best?? thanks Sherry
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: IPAD - Photography
    Hi Sherry, You've posted this in the Logic sub-forum... I guess we don't have an iPad forum... but you can always use the "General forum" if you like in the future... I do like my iPad a lot... granted I'm not a pro photographer... but it's very simple to transfer images from Camera, Flash card or Mac or iPhone 4 on to the iPad. You need the separate accessory by Apple called the "Camera Connection kit". As for apps... there are a few good ones around designed for photographers.... depends what you want to do with your Photos on the iPad exactly. Currently, I use the built-in Photos app, which is a bit like iPhoto, but simpler. I imagine Apple will be adding more functionality to this in the future - but you can of course sync events, etc. between iPhoto and iPad if you want as well. What kind of control/functionality are you looking for in an iPad app? Thanks Rounik
  • Sherry
    The group was having difficulty with external storage of pictures?? They want to store all their images on an external hard drive plus keep some of the "best" on the IPAD. The photographers in question are in the "computer challenged" segment and are shopping/need an easy way to manage and view pictures while traveling . . . would you recommend an IPAD or is there something else they should look at??
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sherry, You can do that... use the iPad as an external HD and more... I'd also consider the Macbook or MacBook Air. More expensive and not as easy to use for those who are "computer challenged" - but you can do more with it. Back to the iPad - viewing pictures is easy. Just tap on the Photo App and you're there! There are a lot of free and paid apps for Photographers on the App Store. For example: Photogene, Foto Editor PhotoPad PhotoBucket Impression SmugMug And SO many more.... Even without these extra apps, out of the box, the iPad can store photos from a camera, transfer them between a PC/Mac or by email, do excellent slideshows with minimal setup/knowledge required... and is extremely fun to use! :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: