macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gagudeo
    Using Motif XF as a controller for Logic?
    I have an M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 that I use as a portable controller for Logic 9, allowing me to play all of Logicâs software instruments - I'm a victim of overtech here because the Axiom automatically set itself up to be used to play software instruments. Iâve searched WWW and here and canât find a definitive answer. Can the XF be used reliably as a controller for playing the software instruments in Logic 9? I want to turn XF local control off, press a key, and have it trigger the same key in a software instrument or two within Logic. Not interested right now in using it as a control surface.....just as a controller keyboard. Does this involve the mLAN thingie with firewire? Can it be done USB? Should I use MIDI? Thanks in advance. I've found lots of posts on using a DAW to play the XF, but I canât find any that speak of using the XF to play the DAW. When I play the XF, I play the XF. When I play Logic's software instruments, I play those. I'm not interested in having my computer play my XF... Thanks again! ScottB601@hotmail.com
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Using Motif XF as a controller...
    Hi Scott, I'm not too familiar with the XF... If it has a USB port then simply connect it direct to your Mac and turn off local control mode. Then create a software instrument in Logic with an Instrument of your choice and the XF should act as a MIDI Controller, send MIDI Note data to Logic (check it is doing so in the Transport Display) and trigger the Instrument. :) R
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: