macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Re: Can't bounce
    The first was darker, the second was seemingly more clear. Which is which?
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks John. Much better with the aiff files :) Yes, I got the same results as Mojave... seems the first was slightly more compressed? Curious to get the answers...
  • Nitygua
    Yes, that's what I've concluded also, darker and a little compressed...and you've probably figured out that the first one is with the Studer plug-in. I've tried it on several tracks, guitar, vocals, bass, even drums and it seemed to have the most positive effect on bass. After lots of demo-ing I've decided it's not worth it for me. I have several other UA plug-ins that I'm very happy with though. Thanks for checking it out, it's helpful to have other opinions.
  • Rohogay
    I Use the FATSO EL7 by Empirical Labs. Very much a tape simulator and I would imagine the algorithms on this plug in you're using might be using a dynamic compression on high frequency response which is what would do the job of smoothing out those hard transients for snares, spiky rock guitars or just about anything with big peaks. That guitar sound was great and does not need a tape deck treatment in my opinion unless it can introduce extra harmonics that are fully musical and noticeable? Also not roll off the top end to much.
  • Nitygua
    Thanks for the comments and the explanation. I have tried the Fatso Jr. plug-in and it seems like it did a much better job with the tape simulation. It's probably better to do as little processing as possible though if you have a good basic recorded sound in the first place. I was happy with the way the recording turned out. It was one of the first things I recorded with my new mic, the AEA R84 through the UA LA-610.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: