macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Minack4ever
    Can I change the key of a completed recording?
    I have tried "transposing" a song that I had completed just a tiny amount to get it into an easier key to sing but the tracks all react differently and you just end up with an appalling mess of sound by using the transpose facility in Logic Pro 9. Is there any way I can change the key of the whole song slightly downward please? Thanks GK Norwich UK
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Can I change the key of a comp...
    Hi GK, Welcome to the macProVideo forums! If all your recorded audio & loops have "follow tempo" ticked in the Region Parameters Inspector, then you can transpose the entire audio using the "Transpose" Global Tracks. Let me know if you need any further help. :) Rounik
  • Minack4ever
    Many thanks for that advice Rounik AND for the welcome. I am indeed a newbie, not computer illiterate but not technically minded either, and have only just finished my first ever track with pro 9 which I cannot deny I am genuinely thrilled with considering I'm not really a musician (that's not an insult to fellow drummers:-) and can only play keyboard parts requiring two fingers or less:-) I LOVE the visual side of pro 9 like how you can LOOK at piano roll & edit something listen to the result and visualise how to make the next edit, wonderful! I will let you know how I get on & thanks again. Gary K Norwich UK I will have a look at your suggestion that as soon as I get back home tomorrow.
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs Gary & I know what you mean, Logic is amazing! :)
  • Minack4ever
    With apologies for being a pain with reference to your following advice: If all your recorded audio & loops have "follow tempo" ticked in the Region Parameters Inspector, then you can transpose the entire audio using the Transpose" Global Tracks." I cannot find the "Follow Tempo" option in the region parameters inspector. Is this an option I can choose to put in there from a menu somewhere? No rush for an answer as now off to London for 3 days so no access to my Mac. Thanks Gary K
  • Minack4ever
    I have done it! I took my memory stick to London & plugged it in at the Apple Store in Covent Garden and they pointed out that I was transposing the drum tracks too thereby assigning them a different position & sound on the keyboard which was making it all sound a horrendous mess! Trust a drummer eh? I have now just transposed each individual instrument track leaving all the drum tracks alone and it worked perfectly! YEEEEES! Back to the studio next week to add the vocals! Thanks so much for your advice which I have no doubt I will need again soon! Gary K (in London for today)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Gary, No probs! Glad you got it sorted out too. Pop back whenever with as many questions as you want! Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: