macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Derahyu
    Kurzweil as controller
    I don't know if you've had any complaints about Kurzweil compatibility with Mainstage. I searched the forum and found nothing. When I try to map the controllers of the keyboard ( K2500) to the screen controls of Mainstage, I can manage to control the 8 Kurzweil midi faders to the screen controls, plus modulation and pitch bend controllers. Fine. . But I can't seem to get the volume controller to move the output volume on the screen. I know its one of the older keyboards, and as such, it's connected via midi-out and midi-in to a Motu Ultralite midi interface, which is then connected to my MacBookPro. I connected a K2000 - which has fewer midi parameter controllers than the extra 8 they added to the K2500 a couple of years later) but still couldnt control volume with the K2000 volume slider. I like using the Kurzweils, as their onboard sounds are great and I'd like to mix the sounds with the Logic/Mainstage sounds during performance. Maybe you've come across this problem before? Any idea's appreciated Regards Brendan
  • steveH
    Re: Kurzweil as controller
    It's not unusual for the volume controllers on synths (as opposed to kbd controllers) to only attenuate the volume of the keyboard's internal synth and not ouput any cc data. There's often a pedal for cc7 or 11 to control volume.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: