macProVideo.com
Forums
  • yan
    Very quick es2 modulation question
    In the ES2 I have a basic sound, and one source to target modulation. Where ENV2 is modulating Cutoff 1 (to give an example). If the green triangle gauge in the router section is 1.00, ENV2 is modulating cutoff1 fully. Though if the gauge is set -1.00 does this have the opposite effect? Is it the inverse of the positive (e.g.1.00)? I've seen the very good video and read the manual, this is just one of those overriding questions I have about it. Thanks
  • Hamish H
    Re: Very quick es2 modulation ques...
    Hi Juno My understanding is that when you modulate at -1.00 the intensity is the same (100%) but the envelope (or modulator) is upside down/reversed. In your example, ENV 2 is modulating cutoff. Say you have a slow attack that lasts half a second. If modulation is set to +1.00, the cutoff will slowly open over half a second. If you set the modulation intensity to -1.00, the cutoff will close instead, in exactly the same time. Same goes for decay, sustain, release etc. At +1.00 the decay would close the cutoff again, at -1.00 it would open it. Try it using a sawtooth LFO set at a really slow rate, and set it to modulate the pitch of OSC1. You can hear the difference quite clearly as the wave is flipped upside down. Hope that helps! Hamish
  • yan
    Re: Very quick es2 modulation ques...
    Hi Hamish, "My understanding is that when you modulate at -1.00 the intensity is the same (100%) but the envelope (or modulator) is upside down/reversed." Thanks for that, I get it now. I noticed that with the second sawtooth LFO. When it was -1.00 negative, it sounded just the third sawtooth LFO would when the third LFO is in the postive and vice-versa. Just like you said, reversed/upside down.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: