macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rounik Admin
    Quick Time Stretching in Logic 9
    Hey All, I'm extremely pleased to announce our very own master audio software trainer, Mo Volans, is writing some pretty exciting tips and featured tutorials on the macProVideo blog! Keep an eye out daily to see what new tips you can learn for Logic, Ableton, Reason, Cubase, etc... In fact many of his production tips are good no matter which DAW you use! [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/quick-tip-quick-time-stretching-logic-9[/url] Enjoy!
  • Rohogay
    Re: Quick Time Stretching in Logic...
    I've used Time Stretch in Logic, Hard to beat Melodyne. Logic has artifacts I've had problems with in my experiences. I guess its all about sampling and which algorithm etc, I will need to try a bit more. I've turned into a Melodyne addict, using it when ever needed. Tempo mapping is almost so easy, its like a game.
  • Rounik Admin
    Yeah - it really depends on the algorithm you use and how much/far you try to time stretch an audio region. Bear in mind that certain audio material will time stretch better than others... ;-) Ha! Like a game... anyone for a game of Monopoly?
  • Rohogay
    Agreed. Game of Monopoly? I could see a chess game on line posting moves, but Monopoly would be⦠Odd? I would love to see Apple team up with Melodyne, create an integrated product option that creates an over all better DAW. I could say that on a number of plugins and software products. Maybe that will indeed be the future. We did see Apogee and Apple team up on the Dithering Algorithm which is now built in Logic. I believe its the UV22HR. "HR" standing for "High Resolution". I used to look at that as a benefit of owning a small Apogee Mini Me. Neat stuff. This kind of forward movement will inherently create better DAWs, more powerful and improve the users ability to stay fully native and coastwise, it keeps the need to pay for extras down. Hope Apple is reading this! Hey Apple! (Annoying Orange)
  • Rounik Admin
    Well, I'd agree to a game of chess if you told me you'd never played before... (I hate losing at chess!) Well, did you know that iZotope Radius is a high quality time-stretching algorithm that can be bought and used directly within Logic's Sample Editor's Time & Pitch Machine? I've not tried it... but by all accounts it's very good. :) Rounik
  • Rohogay
    Would need to see a demonstration and it must be a mind blower. After DNA came out in Melodyne, that was a true Game Changer.
  • Rounik Admin
    I LOVE iZotope products. I swear by RX and can't wait to see what their collaboration with BT (for a glitch plugin) will be like... Here's the Radius page: [url]http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/radius/[/url] :)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: