macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Eddie
    Music to picture
    I've been scoring to picture using logic 9 and the director has asked me when i'm ready to give her the music as separate instruments.The music is software instruments. One piece of music is piano with harp and two two different strings. What I need to know is would i just bounce each instrument track from the same start and end point using the cycle (and solo), so the director can sync each instrument? thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Music to picture
    Hi Eddie, Yes! As long as you have the same start point for all tracks then each audio file will start form the same point - and will be easy to sync. Cheers Rounik
  • Eddie
    thanks Rounik, could I ask another question.. I'm going to bounce the music and want to give the sound person the best quality. So I've chosen the following settings when i go to bounce: mode - realtime normalize - overload protection only file type - Wave 24bit sample rate - 48k interleaved none dithering I understand overload protection on the normalize setting will stop any peaking of music or would allow the sound person to adjust any peaking- is that correct? or would another normalize setting me more appropriate? thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Eddie, That looks fine! The quality of the files will be as good as they are in your project. You can always test this out by importing the bounced files into a new project. I often use the "overload protection only" normalize setting - or turn it off. If you've mixed the tracks well so that your Stereo Output is not clipping then you'll be good! Cheers :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: