macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rohogay
    Time Adjusting Section 8 chapter 2 Recording Guitars
    I have to ask. The function of taking two microphones spaced apart, then adjusting the time difference of the two with respect to the number of samples for which they actually differ, ie: 61 samples in the tutorial Recording Guitars: this was demonstrated in Pro Tools. What is the equivalent in Logic? Respectively this is between one track to another track, not Global.
  • Hamish H
    Re: Time Adjusting Section 8 chapt...
    Hi Victor Would Nudge Region/Event Position L + R by Sample work? (p 385 of the manual) Set the Nudge value to Sample then use Option L+R arrow. I've not done it myself but it looks like it should work.. Great tutorials by the way, really thorough. Thanks very much Hamish
  • Rounik Admin
    Yeah, Hamish is right... you can select one region and nudge it by sample. There's also the "Delay" function in the Inspector: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/logic-editing-create-chorus-effects-logic[/url] :) Rounik. p.s. +1 - We're all enjoying your review and tutorial blog posts!
  • Rohogay
    Thanks fellows. Thanks for thr Kudos. I simply enjoy myself on Mac Pro to much. I talked myself into finally posting to my own blog last night. See what you've done Rounik! Now I'm going to deal with my boss spending all this time over here at the neighbors. Oh ya, I am the boss.... Well I'll have a talk with the boss and let him know I promise to be home by 10pm.. NOT So will this also tell you how many samples are out on the track as was the case for the demo in the tutorial using Pro Tools?
  • Rohogay
    I just realized that it is possible to find the difference because if you position you mouse ove the track when zoomed in, it reads in very small increments, I'll have to look and see if this is also a sample based readout? I would asume there is a plugin somewhere that can do this task of reading the difference and simply adjusting the track being addressed. Of course, not one to pass up a challenge, I could see Steve H. building a device in the enviroment which could essentially do what I'm refering to as a plug in. When I think of the enviroment thanks to Steve H., I think of it as the can do anything custom build shop of the digital work station.
  • logicluvva
    I would try ' snapping' one track's markers to the other, using Flex Time , similar to the way you would align a backing vocal to a main vocal, depending on where you place your markers , ideally on the string attacks that are most prominent. I haven't tried it yet though. I'm sure that a result that satisfies the ears can be achieved using all these suggestions.I just get in there, make the noises and keep tinkering till I'm happy. All the best.
  • Rohogay
    Snapping the marker sounds good. Trying to recall how to move the track as a whole and not flex the section the marker is placed on? I have FLEX TIME EDITING on my NED. I guess I could use the marque and hilight the whole tracke to move the entire track and there by accomplishing the desired result?
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Victor, Not sure I follow... do you mean you want to flex only a section of a region? If so, then create three Flex markers (or more) and shift the part you wish to time-stretch. :)
  • Rohogay
    Wow, I was in my own head, I just read my response and I don't even know what I was talking about. Sorry for the babbling. The good news is, you are a hero, a giant among Logic users everywhere. You solution with the suggestion of using the Sample delay in the post where I went into detail on my project of phase alignment using 5 microphones was brilliant. I was very interested after having watched the video by Singing Canary there in the UK. Must admit, nice facility and certainly, very professional approach. I like the productions they have thus far yielded.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: