macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Dekuruy
    iPad apps abound!
    Hi all. Rounik asked me in another thread about what music making iPad apps I'm using. I've just started to use the iPad for music, but I thought I'd start this thread so that all who make music with an iPad can have this as a place to interact with others who are doing the same. It's really like the wild west in the app store! There are really some terrific apps being developed, but the trick is to find them. So many new apps come along everyday, and you never know when a great one is going to come along, but there are just too many to weed out. The reviews can be helpful, but the best thing is having a network where like minded people can share their own experiences in dealing hands on with these apps, especially the music making ones, since that can be so specialized, and personal. Here are a few that I've started to use that I've found to be well thought out and made for quality music making: Thumbjam - good sounds, feature packed and versatile, including wireless MIDI controller options. Pianist pro - decent keyboard response - programable drum machine and arpeggiator. iGog - quality sampled drums with real touch sensitivity! Yes, the pads actually respond to how hard or soft you hit the screen of the iPad! It's a little flawed, but kudos to the developers for going for it on this one. Positional samples for ride and hi-hat pads as well! MorphWiz - Far out graphics and even more far out sounds. A lot of features here, and just plain fun. I hope latency issues can be improved in the next update. Seline HD - very creative interface and layout. Bloom HD and Trope - ambient and relaxing, as well as visually appealing. Well, this is by no means a comprehensive list. Rounik mentions others in his "5 Essential Music Making Apps for the iPad" blog post. Check it out. My descriptions here are very general - there's so much more, so please feel free to contribute.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: iPad apps abound!
    Nice recommendations Adam!! Looks like I've got some downloading to do on Boxing day then ;-) Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: