macProVideo.com
Forums
  • WEES
    Exs 24 Sample Editor (Not Working)
    When I open up the EXS24, I'm not able to open the sample editor. Everytime I click edit nothing happens. What's wrong with the Instrument? I Run Logic 8.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Exs 24 Sample Editor (Not Work...
    Hi Wees, Welcome to the macProVideo forums! Are you running Logic Pro 8.0.2? Also, are you sure the EXS Instrument Editor window is not somehow hidden or off screen? Try creating a blank new project and creating a software instrument track with an EXS24 instrument... does it work now? Cheers Rounik
  • WEES
    Hi Rounik, The editor is not hidden anywhere. I am running logic 8.02 and have tried closing logic and reopening. It won't even allow me to highlight the edit button.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Wees, Are you definitely starting up using a blank/empty project? (This will help diagnose whether the issue is with certain projects...) Have you tried restarting your Mac? Also try this "repair permission" technique: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/general/general-general&id=13874[/url] Finally, I'd recommend trashing the Logic preferences file: 1. Go to [Home folder]/Library/Preferences/ 2. Move the file "com.apple.logic.pro.plist" to your Desktop. 3. Launch Logic. (Logic will create a new preferences file automatically). Let me know if any of these work. Cheers Rounik
  • WEES
    Rounik, I have tried all these steps and restarted the computer twice. It's weird. The option function works perfectly fine but I cant click edit. It wont allow me to.
  • Rounik Admin
    hmmmm... very odd... and "Repair Permissions" doesn't show up any errors which couldn't be fixed? Try creating a new User account in System Preferences > Accounts Logout of your existing account and into the new account. Launch Logic and see if it works there... Cheers R
  • Rohogay
    Check your Buffer size. If to small it won't operate. Preferences, Audio, Samples. I have it 1024 in mixing and 512 for recording. I also run 96K and that means Half of the sample rates are actually the size since twice the sample rate is in use. I forget sometimes and have had a few things not turn on. Just a thought.
  • WEES
    Rounik, It does work when I create another User ID. I don't want to go through the hassle of switching everything over. Is there any way to fix this issue without using a different user account. Thank You
  • Rohogay
    Do a time machine restore on your machine. Something is ill. Run Disc utility and go though your p lists. I think you have a curupted plist floating around in the library. Library>application support>Logic.plist. etc etc Comb though them and compare to what your time machine is showing. If you remember when you had no problems, then that be the solution.
  • WEES
    Got it to work. Thank you so much!!!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: