macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xidehoy
    Looking for 2 topics in the TnT's
    I can't seem to locate a couple topics steve (I think) helped with in one of the TnT years. 1. How to filter midi by channel. 2. replacing audio (I need to replace a brushed snare that was recorded at a low level) Appreciate any help. Shaun
  • Dekuruy
    Re: Looking for 2 topics in the Tn...
    Hi Shaun, Not sure exactly what you mean by 'filter midi by channel'. If you want incoming midi information to be assigned to channels discretely, go into your Project Settings, under Recording, and check 'Auto-demix by channel if multitrack recording'. Then just assign each channel strip to the desired midi channel, corresponding to the incoming midi channels. As far as 'replacing audio' - not sure about that one. If you just want to increase the volume of the audio because it was recorded too low, you can select the region, and then go to the sample editor and under the Functions menu, select 'change gain' and increase the level as desired. Hope that helps. Let me know if I misunderstood. Adam
  • Xidehoy
    You hit the midi question dead on. Thanks. About #2 - essentially what I want to do is drum replacement. Replace the live drums with some samples and I thought steve had a way to do that such that the live track 'plays' the samples..maybe I was dreaming :)
  • Dekuruy
    http://www.macprovideo.com/blog/logic-pro/drum-replacement-logic-9 I think that will help get you going on the drum replacement. Steve H. covers drum replacement in the tutorial title "Steve H's Logic Master Class #1" as well. Good luck.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: